how to change language libre office[SOLVED]?

linux_user96

Reaction score
Credits
hi
I have lubuntu 21.1 installed and I want to change english to german in libre office?
when I go to libre office-tools-options-language settings-languages I can see User interface and in the dropdown menu there is only english.

is it possible to add german?

You probably have to install the german language pack, depending on what distribution you are running. On Arch-based it would be this.
Code:
sudo pacman -S libreoffice-fresh-de

hi
I have lubuntu 21.1 installed and I want to change english to german in libre office?
when I go to libre office-tools-options-language settings-languages I can see User interface and in the dropdown menu there is only english.

is it possible to add german?
Open LibreOffice, then go to tools > options > then select Language Settings > then click on Languages

Screenshot from 2022-01-21 15-35-15.png

You probably have to install the german language pack, depending on what distribution you are running. On Arch-based it would be this.
Code:
sudo pacman -S libreoffice-fresh-de
how do I know on what based it is? I have installed from lubuntu.me lubuntu 21.1 impish Indri.
how can I know that? terminal?

how do I know on what based it is? I have installed from lubuntu.me lubuntu 21.1 impish Indri.
how can I know that? terminal?
Lubuntu is based on Ubuntu, this is the one you need I think.
Code:
sudo apt install libreoffice-l10n-de

Glad to have helped out!

I have installed from lubuntu.me lubuntu 21.1 impish Indri.

Good choice! (I'm on the Lubuntu team as a member, so I'm obviously biased!)

For future reference, some folks will ask for clarification if you list the distro as '21.1'. The 0 is seen as important as it denotes the month it was released. So, it's '21.10'.

I don't think most people remember/pay attention to the codename "Impish Indri", but it can't hurt to add it.

I just don't want you to feel frustrated when someone asks you for clarification after you typed 21.1.

Members online