How to chainge IP adress in ubuntu 18.04?

Peer

Reaction score
Credits

Go into Networking and disable your DHCP, then set a static IP that is in the proper range for your router. Note: This will not change your IP on the internet, it will only change your IP on your internal network. Your host determines that IP, unless you pay the extra fees for a static IP from your host.

Hi Peer

Tell us a little more - do you have security concerns that you are getting spammed, or that someone is intruding on your connection?

Do you have your Firewall enabled?

Security is not my area of expertise, but for those whom may help you further.

Cheers

Chris

Edited added BTW

BTW if it is a Security issue, I can move you over there, and it may attract more responses, although Bengal has been good :)

Yes, I have enabled my firewall.
And I just want to now to do this because I´m looking around with TOR and I eventually should do this in futur.

TOR as in Torrent? Are you looking for a VPN to mask your IP?

Firefox and Chrome for Linux already have a VPN app that works quite well for streaming blacked out games.

to changing IP, I'm using CyberGhost VPN because it is one of the best Linux VPN on reliable prices. When I also got the issue about choosing VPN, Thanks to ReviewsDir who guide about VPN after following the guidelines I start using CyberGhost VPN. If anyone wants to know more about VPN check the complete review about VPN for Linux before choosing any VPN. But my opinion is CyberGhost

I was going to post a similar question, but thanks to whoever posted this first, i got my answers from the comments. Although, i use Ivacy VPN for my linux OS and it works fine. Anyone else has any experience with Ivacy VPN that they might wanna share with me?

Members online