How to become a Junior Linux Administrator?

PaulC

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
I am a php programmer with 7 years of experience, but I would like to administer the linux system. Currently, I have about 200 configured servers behind me, but mainly a simple LAMP or LEMP, where I had to install, for example, ioncube loader.

I configured apache, nginx, php-fpm, mariadb, postgresql, elasticsearch, redis, phpmyadmin, dns, simple iptables rules, ssh + authorization to the server only by key, postfix + dovecot, in the learning environment I was able to configure RAID and LVM, of course, I configured everything at such a level that it worked as intended, without advanced configurations.

Currently I administer 3 dedicated servers, where there are about 500 wordpress, and I use Nagios Core to monitor these servers. At the moment I am learning bash, awk and sed.

I went through the entire course with linuxfoundation, i.e.LFS201 and I have 11 months to take the exam, my main editor is VIM and I can't imagine using another one. Everything I can put on docker containers. What else do I need to be able to take up the position of Junior Linux Administrator?

Members online