How this works?

D

Darwin8

I just installed linux...unity-precise...and I cant find any app and I try to download firefox and open office from the browser and I cant opened and/or find and application to do it...im totally lost...need help!

Linux != Windows -> Linux isn't able to work with Windows executable files... (Cannot link object files with their libraries etc.) It works using virtual addressing system (link points) onto allocated protected memory of Linux kernel features. (system calls - protected interruption into Linux kernel little programs loaded in RAM) Are you spammer or why you don't use FAQ section in Ubuntu wiki?

I have a samsung chromebook and i installed using crouton...and what ive read it says that ubuntu already comes with some applications installed but mine didnot and also cant find an application to installed

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/12/things-to-do-after-installing-ubuntu-on.html

However, Crouton only installs a few apps so here's what you should install on your new Ubuntu installation running on top of Chrome OS and a few thing that you may want to fix

NOTE!
Important note: don't launch Ubuntu Software Center from the menu / Dash. You must run it with "gksu" - either edit its desktop file or simply open a terminal and type:
gksu software-center
If you don't do this, Ubuntu Software Center will start, but you won't be able to install any applications using it.

what do you mean with this...sorry but i dont understand...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts