How should I deal with this screen flickering issue?

rossgellen

Reaction score
Credits
I'm experiencing issues with screen flickering with the Fedora 28 KDE spin on a Thinkpad T480. The screen flickers rapidly (although not always at a constant rate) between the X session and a Linux console screen.

Here's a video of it happening. In this case, the console screen has some messages on it, but I've also seen it happen when the console screen is completely blank except for a cursor. When I switch to tty2, you can see it flicker between 3 different screens: tty2, the Linux console screen, and the X session.

Although I am unable to consistently reproduce this issue, I've only seen it happen when I open the lid of the laptop, which brings up the SDDM lock screen. However, the flickering does not go away even after I login. Suspending the computer doesn't help either. The only way I know how to fix this is to restart.

I have no idea where to even start in trying to solve this issue. I'm not even sure who to report it to as a bug, and when I duck up screen flickering issues I don't see any bugs that seem to match what I'm experiencing (flickering with the console screen). If anyone has any ideas on how I can fix it (either permanently or just something to try to get it to stop without rebooting) or even just where I should report it as a bug, I'd like to know.

Thanks & Regards,
nox app player

download a newer version of fedora .Hope it will help.
I dad also experienced a similar issue but now i am fine after shifting to my macos

Members online

Latest posts