How do you use VLC to record media?

L

linbgs

I have downloaded this program and I'm still not sure exactly how it works. I would like to use this to copy videos from the BBC and other sites that don't allow you to download their videos like vimeo. Also does it allow you to record the sound from the video or does that need to recorded separately?
Please help.
xxlinxx

I have never made an attempt to record any type of media with VLC. VLC is mainly used as a media player - cd/mp3, radio, video, dvd (and blu rays to an extent in the newest edition, I believe). Check out this link if you have not come across it before. It was last updated in January of this year, so it should be reliable. I hope someone else can come along and possibly provide further assistance. I will keep an eye on this thread and if I find further information, I will make sure to post it.

http://wiki.videolan.org/What_can_VLC_do?

I have never made an attempt to record any type of media with VLC. VLC is mainly used as a media player - cd/mp3, radio, video, dvd (and blu rays to an extent in the newest edition, I believe). Check out this link if you have not come across it before. It was last updated in January of this year, so it should be reliable. I hope someone else can come along and possibly provide further assistance. I will keep an eye on this thread and if I find further information, I will make sure to post it.

http://wiki.videolan.org/What_can_VLC_do?

Whenever I visit this video and download this file it comes out as a VLC. I say okay I guess thats what he is using to download this videos and I just can't get it to work.
What are your thoughts on this?

[video=youtube;J0FduFBW2ms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0FduFBW2ms[/video]

Gosh it's very hard to understand....

But what you need is JDownloader

You might want to try some of the download managers out in the internet. What I am currently using is Free download Manager. It doesn't only supports downloading in you tube but it also supports other websites which very handy.

Click on the link here

You might want to try some of the download managers out in the internet. What I am currently using is Free download Manager. It doesn't only supports downloading in you tube but it also supports other websites which very handy.

Click on the link here

I will try this downloader, but I don't know if it will work on what I need it to. I just basically want to use it to download CNN Videos, and BBC Videos that are online.

I will try this downloader, but I don't know if it will work on what I need it to. I just basically want to use it to download CNN Videos, and BBC Videos that are online.

I just tried it with CNN and it does work. Just let the video play first then right click. Select Download with Free Download Manager and that's it.

Vlc only can record video from your webcam ,ip camera with mpeg, h264 and a few more. Great software , is my default player. But for you I recommend to use a downloader. Try those who works embeded on the browser. Hope helps

On the 'Video' tab(s) of DxDiag there's a checkbox that'll do it...or...Since 'Overlay' can only be used by one program at a time, open two instances of your video player and the second one won't be using overlay.

Hello --

There are a lot of media players available for Linux ...

I use VLC it seems to be the best. Just for fun try a Google search for: "Media Players Ubuntu". Not only will you get a long list, but with a little work you can find the easy way to get the software on your system.