How do kids conceive the internet?

Tolkem

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! :)
While checking my feed I bumped in this quite interesting reading, and thought I'd share https://curlybracket.net/2022/03/31/internet-kids.html
An excerpt:
A 12 year old girl imagines the internet like a second, intangible, planet where Google, Wikipedia, Facebook, Ebay, or H&M are continents that one enters into.

Last edited:

1648952638523.png

Copied from the article:
The 15 year old boy had different ambitions. He told me he would change:

"the age of access to the internet. More and more younger people access the internet ; especially with TikTok there is a recommendation algorithm that can influcence young people a lot. And influencing young people should be avoided but the internet does it too much. And that can be negative. If you don‘t yet have a critical spirit, and you watch certain videos you cannot yet moderate your stance. It can influence you a lot. There are so many things that have become indispensable and that happen on the internet and we have become dependent. What happens if one day it doesn‘t work anymore? If we connect more and more things to the net, that‘s not a good thing."

There's still hope folks.

That's a pretty smart 15 year old, with a pretty advanced vocabulary.

Man, am I cynical...

Really interesting, thanks for sharing @Tolkem :)

Wiz

You forgot TikTok, kids use it very often nowadays but don't worry about that, there is TikTok for kids and they won't see the adult content there. Younger kids can only access videos that have been curated by TikTok's algorithm for a younger audience, and there are even more limitations when it comes to the videos they create. Btw kids tiktok is now popular and they can become bloggers from a young age you can help them with this, you can buy tiktok likes and pay with PayPal. Buying Likes on TikTok is effective because of the algorithm. The more likes your post receives, the more likely it will be shown to others. Because of this, it’s a great way to get more views and followers on TikTok.

Last edited:

Members online