How do I update graphics driver in Debian?

digitard

Reaction score
Credits
I give:
$ lspci -nn | grep VGA

And it returns:
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Stoney [Radeon R2/R3/R4/R5 Graphics] [1002:98e4] (rev d4)

What is the proper driver and how do I install it?

Thank you

You don't need install or update video drivers when you have an AMD card because they are in the kernel, this is because AMD has opensourced their video drivers.

You don't need install or update video drivers when you have an AMD card because they are in the kernel, this is because AMD has opensourced their video drivers.
The blender navigation is chunky, it missing frames, in windows this is due to driver... it has to be something better than that

The blender navigation is chunky, it missing frames, in windows this is due to driver... it has to be something better than that
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say blender navigation. You can alway install the AMD radeon drivers.

Last edited:
Last edited:
According to the wiki page the opensource drivers should do, you need the DRI modules for 3D Acceleration. Follow the installation guide on the Debian wiki page from here.

Members online