How do I run the Scripts in the Startup

dhulasiramanm

Reaction score
Credits
I Have to initiate some application to run in the Startup. How do I initiate that? Can anyone help me to show the command here?

I have no idea to an answer to your question....but whoever answers will need to know...

What OS you are running
The name of the startup

if you were running Linux Mint....you would type into the menu....startup applications....then click on add at the bottom of the resulting window......and add whatever the application is..

SO....Information please.

What distro are you running? What Desktop Environment or Windows Manager?

Have you tried searching: Linux How do I run the Scripts in the Startup

I have no idea to an answer to your question....but whoever answers will need to know...

What OS you are running
The name of the startup

if you were running Linux Mint....you would type into the menu....startup applications....then click on add at the bottom of the resulting window......and add whatever the application is..

SO....Information please.

It's a Test Linux OS. So There is no GUI window to click and search like Original Linux OS. Just I need to know what is the command to run the startup files. Eg: If I initiate reboot, after reboot whichever Application I need to run that should execute automatically without any manual interruption. This is what my intention.

What distro are you running? What Desktop Environment or Windows Manager?

Have you tried searching: Linux How do I run the Scripts in the Startup

I Searched but I wouldn't get the proper answer from anywhere. That's why I have joined in this Forum and Posted my question here. I hope I can solve my issue by getting the answer from here.

It is not a Windows. It is Linux based test OS. So I need a command based on the linux.

Hey there - I've done this on a couple servers in the past. You can put a line in your crontab that starts with @reboot and it should run each time the machine is started up - or rebooted.

Like:
Code:
@reboot /path/to/your/script

you can place your scripts in your home directory ~/.config/autostart/

There is no directory like autostart in this location. So I have created manually and kept my script there. It is not helping to run the program. There is no issue with Script. But still I don't know where to place the script in this OS.

Thanks for your reply

Members online

Latest posts