How Do I fix this?

Soggy

Reaction score
Credits
120101610_334842734420141_1155629065088889103_n.png

G'day. Welcome to linux .org

Are you trying to get Kali installed so you can hack peoples pc's ?

usually you think of Linux and "free source " but some of linux firmware are not. Typically the software to make the wifi cards work . My guess is your wifi is not working ?

Your ethernet however probably is working

can you confirm that .

Also i've just seen Condobloke post maybe confirm your a white hat ; i did prompt via facebook a Ghanaian journalist to tighten his web since it may have compromised his safety. (His assistant was murdered last year) so i guess i can't be a prude on this , there are occasions where penetration testing is beneficial

. to fix that its probably a case of looking at the mirrors where kali gets its packages from. There is probably one that needs ticking/unticking called something like none free. The Ancestor of Kali was Debian https://packages.debian.org/stretch/firmware-b43-installer

Basically a little delving into your kali software mirror source and look into debain etc repo

Last edited:
You can just select "No" and finish your installation. After you are done the installation, you can activate the non-free repository which @captain-sensible mentioned and then install it from there.

yes i should have said , when you finished installing i bet wifi is not working , a little bit of elaboration would help Soggy ; have you finished installing yet ?

/etc/apt/sources.list might be revealing

yes i should have said , when you finished installing i bet wifi is not working , a little bit of elaboration would help Soggy ; have you finished installing yet ?

/etc/apt/sources.list might be revealing
I have finished installing and found the sources.list my network is not working what do I do now?

I have finished installing and found the sources.list my network is not working what do I do now?
You can plugin a ethernet cable in your LAN port which should provide network connection. You can then activate the non-free repo in the file which @captain-sensible already mentioned. You need to do this as root or using escalated privileges using sudo. Then you run: apt-get update and apt-get install firmware-b43-installer

You can plugin a ethernet cable in your LAN port which should provide network connection. You can then activate the non-free repo in the file which @captain-sensible already mentioned. You need to do this as root or using escalated privileges using sudo. Then you run: apt-get update and apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
Yes I did this now?

in the attachment , is 1st addition slightly out of date but relevant. I got a good tip when learning java : if you read and don't understand something , keep reading until you do !

Attachments

• Kali-Linux-Revealed-1st-edition.pdf
    9.9 MB · Views: 450
you have learning curve ahead of you @Soggy; the good news is package management via command line is knowledge that will help "generally" with all Debian derivatives. So if you find it hard going rather than go back to Windows try Mint and what you learn from the mini book will come in good use.

you have learning curve ahead of you @Soggy; the good news is package management via command line is knowledge that will help "generally" with all Debian derivatives. So if you find it hard going rather than go back to Windows try Mint and what you learn from the mini book will come in good use.
I used Ubuntu before this just was interested in cybersecurity so wanted to have a look I'm interested in learning thanks for the help

Members online

Latest posts