How Do I Eliminate Lag in Mint 20? SOLVED

D

Deleted member 111282

I bought a Lenovo x200 laptop/tablet hybrid about a year ago, and because I'm a starving artist, I've been using it to draw in hopes of making money through videos and merchandise. As I was trying to work on a drawing recently, I found it a bit annoying when I kept encountering lag while using Krita and Vokoscreen. I'm wondering what I can do to fix this? Also, because the x200 was released back in 2008, I'm wondering if I should eventually buy a more modern tablet?

You could try Linux Lite or maybe upgrade your hardware as you suggest. I'd also be sure to turn off visual ""bells and whistles" (assuming that's not already the case).

I fixed a lag caused by libinput as my touch pad driver.
the fix is in the release notes, switching to 'synaptic' resolved the issue.
Touchpad drivers
The default touchpad driver in this edition is "libinput" (provided by the xserver-xorg-input-libinput package).

If you experience problems with it, you can switch to another driver called "synaptics" (provided by the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package).

To know which driver is used by your input devices, run the following command:

• grep -i "Using input driver" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
When both drivers are installed, "synaptics" takes priority.

To switch to the "synaptics" driver, install it with the command:

• apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
Then log out and log back in.

To go back to using "libinput", simply remove the "synaptics" driver:

• apt remove xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
Then log out and log back in.

Note: You can also try installing the "evdev" driver (provided by the xserver-xorg-input-evdev).

It caused a log message 'spurious interrupt' or something similar... it hangs the mouse for a few seconds to minutes... i'm not quite sure what the exact bug details are but it affected my dell laptop touchpad. Specifically in linux mint 20.

I fixed a lag caused by libinput as my touch pad driver.
the fix is in the release notes, switching to 'synaptic' resolved the issue.

I should've clarified this at the beginning. When I say lag, I was talking about how the computer itself is running slower than normal. When I was using the touchscreen to draw (or, in this case, trace over a drawing I scanned), it worked perfectly fine.

The input bug does make it seem sluggish.
Trust me, try the synaptic driver. See if it helps.
I was about to format the machine but it solved the issue for me.

The input bug does make it seem sluggish.
Trust me, try the synaptic driver. See if it helps.
I was about to format the machine but it solved the issue for me.

I typed grep -i "Using input driver" /var/log/Xorg.0.log into Terminal (even with sudo), and I keep getting an error message saying "No such file or directory"

Then you can see that synaptic is in use in this logfile... In my case on a line that says touchpad.

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Members online