How can we measure the popularity of linux?

linuxlover08

Reaction score
Credits
I have been using Linux since 2008, I used multiple operating systems including RHEL, FEDORA, ARCH, KALI, Ubuntu, and more. I felt comfortable with every Linux distro, I used. Many people ask What is best Linux distro. So I measured the popularity of Linux on DistroWatch. and wrote an article Best Linux Distro 2019 But I think this measurement is not real popularity of Linux Distro.
So I want to know what is the best resource for the measurement of Linux?
I want to give the right information to our readers and persons for moving the head towards Linux.

Thanks in Advance

How can we measure the popularity of linux?
By the number of viruses for the distribution. Since Ubuntu is the most popular distro which on top of that is developed by Micronical (Microsoft+Canonical), the increasing numbers of malwares that keep appearing for Ubuntu is quite understandable. There are quite a few viruses designed specifically with Ubuntu in mind which are hard to detect and even if detected, it's impossible to be removed. Such a virus is Skidmap.

By the number of viruses for the distribution. Since Ubuntu is the most popular distro which on top of that is developed by Micronical (Microsoft+Canonical), the increasing numbers of malwares that keep appearing for Ubuntu is quite understandable. There are quite a few viruses designed specifically with Ubuntu in mind which are hard to detect and even if detected, it's impossible to be removed. Such a virus is Skidmap.
I think you didn't get my question?

I think you didn't get my question?
I did. The real measurement is what I said. If you wanna know about an operating system's popularity, check the virus databases for it. Windows has billions of viruses and malware for it. Guess why...

Members online

Latest posts