How can I remember all the commands in the Python3 OS Module.....?

I'm sorry I've been gone so long you guys..... :( The Aspergers went into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE.....! :3

Sorry to hear! Welcome back.
I'm ok, now..... :3 I managed to get a Debian USB made, which seems to recognize my internal EMMC in my ASUS!..... :D Only thing is, I'm worried about whether the installation will botch..... :( I'll just leave things the way they are, and Pray I can get a new Charger for mah Chromebook soon..... :3

Last edited:
I keep poking at this and I'm disappointed to conclude that nobody really wants to teach how to program. Instead, people like to teach you the components of programming and how they work.

Hell, I could teach the components of a car and how they work, but that doesn't mean you'll know how to drive or repair my vehicle.

Or, I could teach you all the individual food items, pans, pots, or cutlery found in a kitchen, then hand you a book of recipes and expect you to know what the hell you're doing. Also, if any of us watch a cooking show, we see a dish created and a description of the process. We do learn about individual ingredients and spices, but that is followed up by seeing how it was used in context of the whole dish.

Same for Home Improvement shows. We see the tools and lumber applied to building or repairing. The way programming is taught, they would describe the workings of teach tool or the purpose of different building materials, and never actually demonstrate making anything.

I really believe there is an Art to some of these disciplines that for some reason programmers do not think is important or they take it for granted.

This is kind of a rant and there are a few exceptions such as InventWithPython that give working example code with explanations, but for the most part this is an exception.

I'm considering the idea that I'll just have to teach myself Python and I might use a source like this video with frequent pauses to just write down notes and create my own reference material. Again, running with the cooking analogy, sort of making a Python Cookbook. Not necessarily anything majorly wrong with old school note taking, it just seems inefficient and I was just hoping to find something better that offered a deeper understanding of Python.

I guess I'm just baffled at how programming has so many books and tutorials and very little actual teaching offered. It makes me think of my Linux teacher I guess who really did teach Linux/UNIX by having the command line on the projector and explaining what he was typing. Most learning tools remind me of my boring SQL teacher who just project the Power Point slides and read them to us and I struggled to stay awake.

I keep poking at this and I'm disappointed to conclude that nobody really wants to teach how to program. Instead, people like to teach you the components of programming and how they work.

Hell, I could teach the components of a car and how they work, but that doesn't mean you'll know how to drive or repair my vehicle.

Or, I could teach you all the individual food items, pans, pots, or cutlery found in a kitchen, then hand you a book of recipes and expect you to know what the hell you're doing. Also, if any of us watch a cooking show, we see a dish created and a description of the process. We do learn about individual ingredients and spices, but that is followed up by seeing how it was used in context of the whole dish.

Same for Home Improvement shows. We see the tools and lumber applied to building or repairing. The way programming is taught, they would describe the workings of teach tool or the purpose of different building materials, and never actually demonstrate making anything.

I really believe there is an Art to some of these disciplines that for some reason programmers do not think is important or they take it for granted.

This is kind of a rant and there are a few exceptions such as InventWithPython that give working example code with explanations, but for the most part this is an exception.

I'm considering the idea that I'll just have to teach myself Python and I might use a source like this video with frequent pauses to just write down notes and create my own reference material. Again, running with the cooking analogy, sort of making a Python Cookbook. Not necessarily anything majorly wrong with old school note taking, it just seems inefficient and I was just hoping to find something better that offered a deeper understanding of Python.

I guess I'm just baffled at how programming has so many books and tutorials and very little actual teaching offered. It makes me think of my Linux teacher I guess who really did teach Linux/UNIX by having the command line on the projector and explaining what he was typing. Most learning tools remind me of my boring SQL teacher who just project the Power Point slides and read them to us and I struggled to stay awake.

I think most of the books are for reference unfortunately. I do agree that most of the online tutorials or reference sites expect you to have prior knowledge. My recomendation for anyone who wants to learn programming is to look into Object Oriented Programming and not a particular language. Once you have a firm grasp on OOP, then apply it with a language of your choice.

I concur, good sir.....! :3 I just don't have the stamina to reply to all of it....... :(

I have actually wondered if I could have a touch of Aspergers sometimes.

Could be..... :) People with Aspergers have certain behaviors, or ticks, or that sort of thing..... :) We also sometimes develop certain habits....... Me, I play with my ears, or make throat noises..... Sometimes my throat hurts..... :(

I think most of the books are for reference unfortunately. I do agree that most of the online tutorials or reference sites expect you to have prior knowledge. My recomendation for anyone who wants to learn programming is to look into Object Oriented Programming and not a particular language. Once you have a firm grasp on OOP, then apply it with a language of your choice.
Really.....? :) Sooo....... Get the IDEA of it down, and then express it through a Language.....? :3 Kinda like learnin' a HUMAN Language, eh.....? :D

Also, thanks for the Link, good sir!!..... :3

The main think I'm working out is organized or categorized notes on this stuff. I think well thought out reference material could go along way toward making this easier instead of trying to memorize it all.

Members online