How Can I Make My Kali Linux Apache2 Server Accessible to People Not Connected to My Network?

Skaytacium

Reaction score
Credits
I use Kali Linux 2020 with Xfce4 and VirtualBox. I created a payload was looking up delivery methods and thought that HTTP would probably be the best.

I used the service apache2 start command and the server worked fine on the OS itself. On my external Windows OS, it didn't work. Then I changed the OS's settings from NAT Network to Bridged and this time it worked on the Windows machine and my local network. Then I routed my public IP (which also worked) to a free No-IP domain (checc.ddns.net).

I want to make my server accessible to people beyond my network. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Sid.

I found the answer and for those who are stuck at the same problem, it's relatively simple and I'm dumb :E

1 - do ifconfig in the kali Linux terminal and remember your inet IP
1.5 - make sure that VirtualBox has a bridged connection to Kali Linux, not a NAT Network
2 - do route -n in the terminal and copy that gateway IP and paste that in your browser
3 - port forward the port 8080 (look up instructions on how to) from your inet IP
4 - now when you want to connect, turn on apache2 and connect with <your_public_ip>:8080

I was being dumb, and sorry for the crude answer, but I hope this solves your problem!

Cheers

Members online

Latest posts