How can I design and implement a secure wireless network?

tooshaly

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I am writing a bachelor thesis on "Wireless Network Security", I need to design and implement a secure wireless network that contains various security measures such as strong passwords, encryption, firewalls and access control policies and then test the security of the network using penetration testing tools such as Kali Linux. How can I do this? In which program? What can you recommend? Thank you for your answer.

Here are a few Wifi tools - Aircrack, WiFi Phisher, Airsnort and Wireshark are some of the most common used for penetration testing

Also be advised we generally do not do "homework"

then test the security of the network using penetration testing tools such as Kali Linux.
If you have insufficient knowledge of Linux and how Kali is constructed and works...you have problems.. If you do have such knowledge, then you should not have need to ask. @Lord Boltar 's link is a good general insight for the novice.

Hi, I am writing a bachelor thesis on "Wireless Network Security", I need to design and implement a secure wireless network that contains various security measures such as strong passwords, encryption, firewalls and access control policies and then test the security of the network using penetration testing tools such as Kali Linux. How can I do this? In which program? What can you recommend? Thank you for your answer.
The problem is with your premise. Just because you or someone else cannot crack the security of the wireless network does not mean that it is secure.

Another problem may be time. Is your thesis due at the end of the term in a month or two? If so, there is insufficient time to become an expert wireless network attacker. I would re-think the premise of your thesis. Considering the assumed constraints, can you limit the scope of demonstrated successful attacks to one or two examples? You could write a very good thesis on wireless vulnerabilities and secure configuration without demonstrating attacks.

Best way to make any network as secure as possible. Don't allow it to connect to the Internet :)

Other than that this page might be of interest.

I'm with @Brickwizard though if your using Kali you should know this already.
I looked at the link in @kc1di's post, and it is an excellent start.

What is missing from that link is a discussion of network segmentation, which is too arcane for most home users. Someone earning a Bachelor's degree should know about it. The basic idea is to isolate vulnerable internet devices from the internal LAN. Kinda' like a guest network, only more. These days, more and more internet-enabled devices are WiFi only, which is why understanding segmentation on a wireless network is useful.

Staff online

Members online