House Hunting Information SOLVED

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
I'm looking for a home and trying to figure out if the land around this house I found is ok.

The tax records say that it is in a no flood zone but I want to be sure.

Does anyone think the land around this home is questionable?

House Water Issue.jpg

House Water 2.jpg

House Water 3.jpg

House Water 4.jpg

House Water 5.jpg

House Water 6.jpg

Last edited:

Nice place. Is the land free-hold or lease-hold - you want to own the land. Make sure you check house for any signs of it the piles having failed squeaky floor boards etc. Roof- line looks ok - I always check that for signs of house having sunk anywhere. Check for cracks etc.

Land does not appear to have any liquifaction.

Nice place. Is the land free-hold or lease-hold - you want to own the land. Make sure you check house for any signs of it the piles having failed squeaky floor boards etc. Roof- line looks ok - I always check that for signs of house having sunk anywhere. Check for cracks etc.

Land does not appear to have any liquifaction.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.
What you shared gave me some peace of mind.

Do you think that the hill behind the house, the downhill slope to the back of the house, would likely create problems with a heavy rain?

When looking at places like this I think there is a danger of flooding because water always finds the low point. Can you advise me how would I know for future reference when the slope of the land becomes an issue?

funny you say that about rain ; we have a place Ghana bottom of hill. Rain for any time at all causes erosion . Its not showing signs of that . Also there is little concrete where water just washes over and plenty of grass land to soak it up . No sewer so guess "foss septic " ? roof looks a variation of aluminium sheet which is also what they use Ghana. Not sure life time where ours is near sea . Even cheap one for us lasted circa 12 years

funny you say that about rain ; we have a place Ghana bottom of hill. Rain for any time at all causes erosion . Its not showing signs of that . Also there is little concrete where water just washes over and plenty of grass land to soak it up . No sewer so guess "foss septic " ? roof looks a variation of aluminium sheet which is also what they use Ghana. Not sure life time where ours is near sea . Even cheap one for us lasted circa 12 years
It's public water and public sewer.
Thanks

My Aunty lived in a place with a hill for a rear lawn. Only an during really heavy rain (torrential), but slope on hers was way steeper.

My Aunty lived in a place with a hill for a rear lawn. Only an during really heavy rain (torrential), but slope on hers was way steeper.

Based on the pictures do you think that there will be a problem darry1966?

I inclined to say no, like I said my Aunt's was way stepper and this was a rare torrential downpour which was like a flash flood. Also remember soil is a factor as well, some soils drain better than others.

So I personally don't see any problems, however prudance would tell me that I should check things out with your solicitor who can do all the conveyance regarding any issues with the land etc.

If you aren't going through a solicitor then consult a land engineer. Do your homework... Best wishes as you go about looking into this property further.

I inclined to say no, like I said my Aunt's was way stepper and this was a rare torrential downpour which was like a flash flood. Also remember soil is a factor as well, some soils drain better than others.

So I personally don't see any problems, however prudance would tell me that I should check things out with your solicitor who can do all the conveyance regarding any issues with the land etc.

If you aren't going through a solicitor then consult a land engineer. Do your homework... Best wishes as you go about looking into this property further.
Thanks for your help.

I'm working with a real estate agent so I'm waiting to see what other information he can gather about the house.

Members online