hI NICE TO MEET ALL OF YOU.

Takiyo

Reaction score
Credits
Hello My name is Takiyo nice to meet all of you and I would like, to know which Linux software to download. Cause I use Adobe software's which Linux would those work.
Thank you for your time

G'day @Takiyo and welcome to the community.
Well from my own understanding Adobe software is designed purely to run in the Microsoft environment not a Linux based environment. I take it that you are using Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat reader, right?
How willing are you to learn to get use to another program that is just as powerful in manipulating photos as Photoshop? As for a PDF reader that is just as good as Acrobat come already installed in some Linux distros E.G. Ubuntu and Linux Mint.
I ask this question as to use an Adobe software in Linux you are going to have to use a Program called Wine ( Wine Is Not (a) Emulator) which allows you to run programs designed to run in the windows environment in the Linux Environment.
Or you can learn to use the Linux Equivalent called Gimp.
Just remember Linux is not Windows nor is it like Mac.
There is a distro that is capable of running window software natively but at the moment it is still in the Alpha mode so can be problematic to a new user like you and I.

Thank you @Nik-Ken-Bah for welcoming me to the community.
Well yes, Adobe software is a designed base. After reading your comment and doing a little search in the net and knowing fully well I switch to Linux mint which is close to the windows desktop operating system. Because it's better to switch rather have my computer won't be able to patch later down on and my lp is HP will I be able to install Linux Mint desktop operating system.

my lp is HP will I be able to install Linux Mint desktop operating system.
How old is your HP laptop? The main consideration is Ram.
I have a HP laptop myself the Pavilion dv6 about '09 -'10 vintage just had it cleaned, rejuvenated and with a new battery. My rig has 500 GB HD and 4 GB ram planning to duel install mint along side Win7.
The HD is of little concern but they recommend a minimum of 2 GB ram. On Goldie I have 32 GB ram and at most Mint 19.2 uses about 3 GB of Ram. But I will run up Golddragon and give it run with Mint off a USB stick just see how much ram it does use on my laptop.

G'day @Takiyo and welcome to the community.
Well from my own understanding Adobe software is designed purely to run in the Microsoft environment not a Linux based environment. I take it that you are using Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat reader, right?
How willing are you to learn to get use to another program that is just as powerful in manipulating photos as Photoshop? As for a PDF reader that is just as good as Acrobat come already installed in some Linux distros E.G. Ubuntu and Linux Mint.
I ask this question as to use an Adobe software in Linux you are going to have to use a Program called Wine ( Wine Is Not (a) Emulator) which allows you to run programs designed to run in the windows environment in the Linux Environment.
Or you can learn to use the Linux Equivalent called Gimp.
Just remember Linux is not Windows nor is it like Mac.
There is a distro that is capable of running window software natively but at the moment it is still in the Alpha mode so can be problematic to a new user like you and I.
No some adobe is available for linux https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/office/adobe-reader/

Thank you @Nik-Ken-Bah for welcoming me to the community.
Well yes, Adobe software is a designed base. After reading your comment and doing a little search in the net and knowing fully well I switch to Linux mint which is close to the windows desktop operating system. Because it's better to switch rather have my computer won't be able to patch later down on and my lp is HP will I be able to install Linux Mint desktop operating system.
There was a time when i used to revert back to Windows .Now i don't touch it. I have yet to find anyone who can do something on photoshop that i can't do on gimp. For every Windows application there are usually several linux alternatives and best of all $Free eg lets take video editor . There is open shot , but i'm currently using cinelerra . LibreOffice5 does everything that Office can. Also you can still save files as .doc

you can get adobe reader for free also i have PDf studio viewer https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/office/pdfstudioviewer/ now although its described as a "viewer" in the menu there is a "T" this allows for basic input of text into forms. Thus for filling in PDF forms I have free software. You can also print out pdf form with text. although i had to choose something like "print with comments" quirky but hey its free

Attachments

• pdf_viewer.jpg
    pdf_viewer.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 499
There was a time when i used to revert back to Windows .Now i don't touch it. I have yet to find anyone who can do something on photoshop that i can't do on gimp. For every Windows application there are usually several linux alternatives and best of all $Free eg lets take video editor . There is open shot , but i'm currently using cinelerra . LibreOffice5 does everything that Office can. Also you can still save files as .doc

have a try at pitivi (linux) for video. Also, inkscape has its uses for image manipulation.