Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

hi, new

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by triseva, May 6, 2012.

1. triseva

triseva Guest

Hi,
    My name is tracy and i run parents2parents.co.uk and i wanted to add a forum to my site. I did this using phpbb but i have had nothing but trouble especially form other companies saying i am sending them messages, so i have had to delete it all and start over.
    I need the most basic forum going one i can keep an eye on myself and i am not sure where to start.
    any advice would be most appreciated.
    thanks

2. DaReaper

DaReaper Guest

Hey Tracy, Welcome to LinuxForum! :)

I'm sure we could help you with your matter. If you're looking for a free forum software i would suggest you to try out MyBB. It has a simple interface, has lots of professional themes and it's easy to configure and setup.

I personally Love borth MyBB and phpBB. I'm more used to working with phpBB and it's MOD.'s. If you're members have been getting their mails a lot, make sure you configure your MOD.'s or mass email feature.

3. Darwin

Darwin Guest

MyBB or Vanilla - Welcome Tracy :)

4. Melissa

Melissa Guest

Hi Tracy and Welcome! I don't know much about forum adding myself but my cousin swears by Vanilla. Im not sure if its free or not, I can ask, but I do know its very easy to set up. Or looks so anyways lol.

5. JayGould

JayGould Guest

MyBB is a great alternative, but it all comes down to personal preference!

Feel free to PM me if you'd like some more advice :)