Hi. New To Linux.

The1TrueMojo

Reaction score
Credits
Hi. I am new to Linux. I installed Linux Mint on an old Dell laptop I had and am trying to just get familiar with the look and feel of the system. What would be some good places to download Linux based programs, like a media player or office products? Thank you.

Hey there - welcome to the forum!

You've likely already installed (came w/ mint) some media players and office products. If there are some you've heard about that you'd like to install, a quick google for "linux mint install libreoffice" should do the trick - or you can ask us here!

Good luck!
Rob

Yes, the Linux Mint repository would be the safest place to look for programs because if you install stuff from just anywhere the system can become unstable.

I have used the program gdebi sometime to installed Debian files without running into problems, but it's tricky stuff.

Recently I updated the version of 0 A.D. game to the newest version, because the version in the Lubuntu repository was older. I followed the instructions on the 0 A.D. website and it worked, but it doesn't always work out that way, I was taking a change.

Members online