Hi new one here, a struggling new one (SOLVED)

Sounds like you have nor RTFM yet (Read The Friendly manual :) )

Have a look here for a really simple guide to installing software.

While I am a great believer in learning how to use the 'Command Line' to do stuff, Linux has come a long way from the times when we 'Had To' use it for everything.These days you can think of it more like 'Windows that is far less likely to break'.
Anyway, there's nothing sissy about using the Software Manager. And if you have a look in there you might be surprised at what useful stuff you find.

Bookmark that link above until you are more familiar with Software Installation.

Also, it is helpful to have this one Bookmarked. It will guide you through almost everything you might get stuck with:

Even though we all use our own preferred Distribution, in my case Linux Mint, and our own preferred Desktop Environment, in my case Xfce (same as Linux Lite), the fact that you chose a Distribution based on Ubuntu means pretty well everything is similar to what many, many of us use.
So you always have help at hand here, as well as at the Linux Lite forums.

So one day when your Panel (like Windows task bar) suddenly disappears - don;t panic. We've all done it.
Post a call for help here and we'll help you get it back.
:)

Sounds like you have nor RTFM yet (Read The Friendly manual :) )

Have a look here for a really simple guide to installing software.

While I am a great believer in learning how to use the 'Command Line' to do stuff, Linux has come a long way from the times when we 'Had To' use it for everything.These days you can think of it more like 'Windows that is far less likely to break'.
Anyway, there's nothing sissy about using the Software Manager. And if you have a look in there you might be surprised at what useful stuff you find.

Bookmark that link above until you are more familiar with Software Installation.

Also, it is helpful to have this one Bookmarked. It will guide you through almost everything you might get stuck with:

Even though we all use our own preferred Distribution, in my case Linux Mint, and our own preferred Desktop Environment, in my case Xfce (same as Linux Lite), the fact that you chose a Distribution based on Ubuntu means pretty well everything is similar to what many, many of us use.
So you always have help at hand here, as well as at the Linux Lite forums.

So one day when your Panel (like Windows task bar) suddenly disappears - don;t panic. We've all done it.
Post a call for help here and we'll help you get it back.
:)
Thanks for that RossD i didn't even know that page existed ha,

Having a look through now, still trying to configure my vpn to work and that's a losing battle alone

Many VPN providers have a GUI for Linux, but most people don't realise. Others, Like Nord, do not, although odd people like me cobble togrther our own, not because you can't do it all from the command line - but because we're too lazy to type :) .

Who is your VPN?
What problem are you having getting it to work?

There's bound to be someone who can help you. Perhaps not me, but plenty of other people are probably following your adventure . .

Last edited:
I'm a NordVPN user - but I only use it at the browser level. I use the plugin/extension and call it good.

It is worth remembering that DuckDuckGo (or even Giggle) is your friend.
For example, searching for:
Linux Lite VPN
shows that PureVPN has a step by step setup guide at:

Your VPN provider might have something similar!

Members online