hi, new here and linux

if i want to playing games on Linux, what i must decide ? install 2 OSes (Win 7 n' ubuntu) ?

(Try not to hijack someone else's thread by adding your problem. Start a new thread of your own...)

If you want to play games on Linux you only need Linux. If you already have Windows installed then you can dual boot Windows and Linux.

I'm back, and on the new computer had to start with my windows 7 cd but that is ok and now I'm instilling the Ubuntu to play around with it and learn a little.

Unless you have an MS surface or other tablet. In which case Win 8 is awesome. But, on almost 85% of all other computers/tablets Win 8 is terrible.

That being said, I thank MS for making it. 1. Valve decided to add Linux because of Win 8. 2. Win 8 Metro is driving users to Linux in DROVES. Thank you MS for making a version of Windows that makes Linux more compelling. :)

I'll agree with you there ryanvade, I just hope it doesn't go the secure-boot route of "Your new computer is shipped with Windows 12 imbedded in the motherboard. Have fun!" Its already disappointing searching for a laptop with no OS to buy. Hopefully the selection of PCs shipped with Linux will improve as Linux gaming starts to grow!

(Try not to hijack someone else's thread by adding your problem. Start a new thread of your own...)

If you want to play games on Linux you only need Linux. If you already have Windows installed then you can dual boot Windows and Linux.
ok sorry :D
thank's dude

I dual boot between linux and windows. I run world of warcraft in wine but it just works better under windows. Steam is making a big push towards linux which is helpful. Playonlinux is also helpful for getting windows games running under wine

Members online