Hey staff, i got a question.

Hellosaurus

Reaction score
Credits
hi, i was wondering if i am allowed to set up an Official Linux discord server for u guys? And if your interested i could send u an invite to the server. it could also redirect to support and forums in this website. i can make you guys administrators and/or make you or your boss the owner?

G'day @Hellosaurus and welcome to linux.org :)

Is it Bundaberg? Reason I ask is that both Brian (@Condobloke ) and I are Australian.

Brian, in mentioning our Administrator, has effectively pinged him so he will likely reply when he is able (busy bloke looking after all of us).

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I noted that, as I was aware of Peer's Post in May

... but as Brian had mentioned Rob, I was leaving it for Rob to provide an official response.

BTW I went to that link some hours ago, with a view to joining.

In order to "claim" my account, I was required to enter my email address (not so bad), but also my password to my email (BAD!)

So sorry, not today.

Wizard

(Unless it was asking for me to set a password?) - let me know, and I will consider.

Ah, I didn't know about this. I don't use discord much - but I've just joined/added that server!

(Unless it was asking for me to set a password?) - let me know, and I will consider.

Yes Wiz.
If you aren't already a Discord user - then that was asking you to set a password for your new discord account.
You register with an email address and set a password.

@JasKinasis - thanks, Jas :) , I will give it a go.

@poorguy - I understand, Tom.

If you type in a username, be it poorguy or other, without completing the registration, you can enter the site and see what it is about.

You will get a nag that in order to claim your account (so that the username is not lost), you should complete the registration record.

Only small, so far, was 12 I think when I looked, now 17 members.

Sorry @Hellosaurus - not ignoring you, but I feel obliged to try the one we heard about first, first.

Cheers all and Friday in Oz so

Avagudweegend

Wiz

And a BTW to Tom - if you call up the link in your address bar and just backspace to discordapp.com, you can see more about the site.

Wiz

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts