hey everyone

A

Andrea

Hi!My name is Andrea!I'm an Universitary student in Italy( computer science)!I apologize for my future grammar's mistakes!II hope I'll have good time here!See you!

Welcome to the site! I have my own issues with English, and I'm American! ;^) Don't worry!

Yeah, It is hard to learn a language which makes rules, and has exceptions for all of themo_O. No worries Andrea, you are among friends here. Welcome to the group.:):D

ciao for now
Paul

Welcome to the site! I have my own issues with English, and I'm American! ;^) Don't worry!
Perfect!Thank you:)
Yeah, It is hard to learn a language which makes rules, and has exceptions for all of themo_O. No worries Andrea, you are among friends here. Welcome to the group.:):D

ciao for now
Paul
Thank you Paul!Ciao ciao :D

Perfect!Thank you:)

Thank you Paul!Ciao ciao :D
Then, when you finally figure out all the rules, and speak correct English, the people you are conversing with start throwing slang into the conversation. Then you start the process all over again. It can be really frustrating for non native speakers. Here is a little joke that I tell to break the ice. I tell it as a joke, but it is really, sadly, true.

What do you call a person who speaks 2 languages? Answer: Bilingual.
What do you call a person who speaks 3 languages? Answer: Trilingual.
What do you call a person who speaks only 1 language, and no matter where they are, they expect everyone else to speak their language? Answer: AMERICAN!:(:(

I have had the pleasure of traveling around the world, and every place that I went, I found that if you make even the slightest attempt to speak the local language, the locals will try their best to help you. The only exception that I have observed, is in America.:mad::mad: Here, most will make fun of you if you make a mistake. Sadly, the people who are making fun of you, do not speak their native language (English, not AMERICAN!:confused::confused:) correctly. They say things like "You is crazy":rolleyes:, "Me and my buddies did something":rolleyes:, or my all time favorite "WHERE YOU AT?"o_O. For the record, I am American by birth, and many times I have seen the "Ugly American:(:(" overseas, and it broke my heart. Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. :D:D

Ciao for now,
Paul

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts