Helping My Fellow Men Become Gentlemen

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

For the men reading this who want help with improving their style, grooming, charisma, etc, but don't know where to seek it, I recommend gentlemensgazette.com. I especially encourage them to read this article from the website about what it means to be a gentleman in modern times: https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/gentleman-what-it-means-today/

During my adult years, I've gotten more interested in developing gentleman qualities, and gradually have been making those developments become reality. As Sven mentions in the article, becoming a gentleman is a continuous, never-ending goal, but it's one well-worth working on. One quality I've made small-but-meaningful strides in is improving my wardrobe. For example, rather than wearing t-shirts, workout shorts, and a baseball hat during the summer like numerous other men do, I've gotten into the habit of wearing a polo shirt, dress shorts, and a fedora. A while ago, I created a goal to bring money in so I can improve my wardrobe, and now I can do that thanks to my current job. Another quality I've worked on is my behavior towards those around me. This is still a very difficult task for me, and I still have a mountain of flaws I need to improve on, but self-improvement has been a habit I've developed as a child. I try hard to abide by my good nature of treating others the way I want to be treated, such as showing courtesy, respect, and kindness. At work, two older female clients, whom I started to see there more frequently, have recently called me "a nice young man". A third quality I've been striving towards started recently with me making the decision to eat more healthier. For years, I've had a bad habit of not eating a balanced diet as much as I should, which led to me developing relatively-small, but noticeable belly fat. For past week and a half, I've been making a conscious effort to eat less processed foods (especially at work because most of the menu is typical bar food), and now I've started to lose a little bit of that belly fat.

If I can make these small improvements in myself, and then keep moving forward, obviously you are just as capable of working on yourselves in your own ways. If you were born with a disability like I was, or you developed one through no fault of your own, you'll have to worker harder to get where you want to be in life, but it will all pay off in the long run.

I also highly encourage you pass these tips along to your sons, grandsons, nephews, brothers, or male cousins

Last edited by a moderator:

I've heard about that in passing, but I never checked it out. I'll have to look at it soon.

Members online

Latest posts