Help

• Thread starter New Edition Hustlers
  • Start date
N

New Edition Hustlers

HELP ive wiped my laptops o/s its brand new it is a toshiba it was running windows 8. how do i download a usd recovery disk from another laptop that is running windows 7 .how do i re-boot a toshiba nb10-a without no recovery disk

You can use another computer to download and burn a Linux ISO file (using "burn image" setting on CD burning software) that will start and run your laptop. Or you can create a bootable Linux USB stick too. But since it had Windows 8 on the laptop, you'll need to be sure to use an EFI compatible Linux. Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, openSUSE, and many others will work.

If you want Windows specific information, you should use a Windows forum for help instead of a Linux forum.

Good luck!

Last edited:
You can use another computer to download and burn a Linux ISO file (using "burn image" setting on CD burning software) that will start and run your laptop. Or you can create a bootable Linux USB stick too. But since it had Windows 8 on the laptop, you'll need to be sure to use an EFI compatible Linux. Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, openSUSE, and many others will work.

If you want Windows specific information, you should use a Windows forum for help instead of a Linux forum.

Good luck!
thanx mate and whats the buzz with linux like whats the difference

Yes, by all means try it! :D

Linux and Windows are both "operating systems" that control the basic operation of any computer and let you run other programs and applications. Folks around here like Linux better! MUCH BETTER!

But there are differences between them. So to learn something new will take a little time and will have a little frustration along the way. But hey, you're frustrated with Windows right now too after killing it on your laptop, right? You don't ever have to reinstall Windows if you don't want it... you can install one of the many versions of Linux instead. Having so many different versions itself can be frustrating, but try out a couple of newbie-friendly distros first just to jump in and get your feet wet. My personal recommendation would be Linux Mint as it seems to have just about everything working on its first run, usually. Ubuntu is also a good first choice and has a lot of help available.

Many folks will help you get started with Linux if you're ready to give it a go.

Cheers!

Staff online