Help with TV tuner

J

JohnRH

1 of 112

I sent the following message to Hauppaugesupport and have not yet heard back from them. Is there anyone here who could help me with this matter. I want to get live over the air television working on my desktop in preparation to installing MythTV.

to support
cleardot.gif

I have watched the video and downloaded the instructions for installing the WinTV tuner on Ubuntu. These instructions are for Ubuntu version 14.04.02 and for WinTV-HVR-2255 as well as others. My OS version is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and my tuner is WinT-HVR-2250 (not 2255). Can I use these installation instructions is they are or with modification or is there another set of instructions that address my situation? Your help in this matter is appreciated.

You are not really asking a Linux question. I'm not sure what "help with this matter" you might expect from us. You don't indicate that you have actually tried to do anything to make your card work, or if so, what errors or failures you experienced.

Your WinT-HVR-2250 seems to be supported by MythTV for standard ATSC (see here). I think you will be far better helped using the MythTV forum here or by searching their Wiki here. Your liklihood of finding MythTV users on this forum are slim (although there may well be a few), but your liklihood of finding people here who use the same TV tuner card is even slimmer. This just isn't really the right knowledge base that I believe you are looking for.

Good luck!

Members online