Help with Linux installation.

ArturoP0013

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I have a problem, currently, I tried install Lubuntu or Zorin Lite in a Netbook Dell Inspiron MIni with Windows 7, but I can't install neither Lubuntu nor Zorin, when I tried install Lubuntu, the installation screen load and stop then not load anymore. If I tried install Zorin Lite, load a lot and open directly a login screen, but not recognize the user ID or password.

I don't know to do.

Hi and welcome! I think you should try booting from a usb drive if that does not work try some distros (those are distributions of linux) on a virtual machine.

Hope that stuff helped!

Hi @ArturoP0013, and welcome! There are several different models of the Inspirion Mini... let us know which model you have, which CPU (I think they were all Intel Atom, but different models), and how much RAM.

Were you successful in booting and running in "live mode" from a USB (or DVD)?

Did you "verify the checksum" of your Linux .iso files before burning them to USB/DVD? This is an extra step, but it is often worthwhile so that you are absolutely sure that your downloaded file was complete and not corrupted. An incomplete or corrupted file can have all kinds of unexpected behavior, perhaps like what you are experiencing.

Cheers

Members online

Latest posts