Help with Banshee and iPod Touch 4th Generation.

X

XXXRoyalMarineXXX

Hello there, my name's Matt. I need help syncing my Ipod Touch 4th Generation with my Computer using Banshee. I am currently using Ubuntu 11.10, but I can't sync all of the songs I have in Banshee to my iPod. It "adds" music to the ipod touch, and it says "Preparing to Syncronize" with the progressbar, but it never ends. I have been waiting 2 hours for one song to sync. I've installed libimobiledevice and Linux recognizes the iPod as two seperate devices; "Matt's iPod" and "Documents on Matt's iPod." I have 3 computers, one runs linux and is fast, one is two slow (it takes about 5 minutes to move 1mm of the cursor) and runs Windows XP, and the other is the work computer which has a stupid program and will corrupt any USB device plugged in, So Linux is my only option. PLEASE HELP! Thank You.

"But it turns out that Apple has locked down the song database file on its latest generation of iPods including the iPod Nano, Classic, and touch. The change means that there's no way to transfer music between a new iPod and a Linux PC. "

Apple kills Linux compatibility with new iPods | by Brad Linder on September 15, 2007 at 10:00 AM

This was six years ago. I doubt much has changed.

"But it turns out that Apple has locked down the song database file on its latest generation of iPods including the iPod Nano, Classic, and touch. The change means that there's no way to transfer music between a new iPod and a Linux PC. "

Apple kills Linux compatibility with new iPods | by Brad Linder on September 15, 2007 at 10:00 AM

This was six years ago. I doubt much has changed.

Thank you, but is there anyway to sync with the iPod Touch? It was possible six years ago with libimobiledevice.....

Man, with every generation of the iPod, it becomes harder to sync with Linux :mad:

Members online

Latest posts