Help me I can't see grub menu

JK7

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone actually I'm a newbie to Linux for starting I have installed Zorin os alongside windows but now I can't see grub menu and every time I reboot my laptop it straightly boots to Windows I had used repair disk tool on ubuntu live and it gave me below link please help me.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/cWqYj8cSmC/

Hi @JK7 and welcome to linux.org :)

Regrets that you have been waiting so long, and I am afraid I have to go for my evening (Australia).

Let us know what version of Windows and do you have a recovery disk/stick in place for it in case things go wrong?

Tell us some specs for your computer, and which version of Zorin you downloaded, the exact name of the download file ending in .iso would be good.

...but now I can't see grub menu

Does that mean that you could see a Grub Menu previously, and were you able to boot into Zorin at that time, or other meaning?

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW thsnks for the Pastebin content, I will read soon :D

Reactions: JK7
Hello
Thanks for replying @wizardfromoz
I'm using windows 10 version 1809 and yes I have an Ubuntu disk for rescuing.
I had downloaded Zorin os 12.3 and my Acer aspire e5 specs are
Intel Core i5 6200u
8gb ddr4 ram
1tb HDD
Nvidia 940mx
No, I couldn't see a grub menu after I installed Zorin and I was not able to boot into Zorin.
Thanks for helping me and also forgive me for bad English I'm not a native speaker.

Got that Mate, Ta (pron. "tar" Aussie for thank you).

Gotta fly, hope someone comes in to help soon for you, other than that I am back on deck in 14 - 16 hours.

Wizard

Reactions: JK7
G'day @JK7 - What was the exact name of the .iso you downloaded for Zorin, eg:
  • Zorin-OS-12.3-Core-64.iso
  • Zorin-OS-12.3-Lite-64.iso
  • the Ultimate edition
or other?

And did you get it from Zorin's website, or SourceForge, or where?

From the Pastebin report you have supplied, an "unknown bootloader is detected at /dev/sda5", where Zorin should be using the same bootloader as Windows, which is "EFI System partition" at /dev/sda2.

This may require a re-install in order to get it to work, but if you can answer my other questions first, that would be cool :)

Your English is fine.

Cheers

Wizard

Members online