help me get my mouse working (: please

Birk

Reaction score
Credits
hello,
just trying to get my mouse working
but it don't, haha
i'm very frustrated. the strangest thing is it works a little bit, like 10%. None of the buttons work but moving it works if you know what i mean. it's a corsair m45, running on deepin 15.8.

i don't know what to do man, using a wacom intuos to navigate is a pain.

any ideas?
upload_2018-12-4_7-56-8.png

also, my usb wireless network card doesn't work either

Last edited:

G'day Birk, I can understand your frustration :(

I am out of here for my evening in Australia in 30 minutes, but I will have a look at my Deepin and see if I come up with any ideas.

Wizard

Hi Birk

This was an Asus ROG G20AJ, wasn't it? So that's a gaming desktop, no trackpad to fall back on, let's get the mouse working first.

I take it it works OK with Windows?

Can you get access to another mouse and plug it in and try it?

Wizard

Hi Birk

This was an Asus ROG G20AJ, wasn't it? So that's a gaming desktop, no trackpad to fall back on, let's get the mouse working first.

I take it it works OK with Windows?

Can you get access to another mouse and plug it in and try it?

Wizard

yes, no trackpad. It did work on windows.
I have ordered a new mouse and i'll try that in a few days, in the meantime i'll look around and see if i can find another one in the house. I remember the mouse i used last week worked fine but i don't have acess to that anymore. it was a corsair m65, pretty much the same mouse but newer model. I'm using a wacom tablet as mouse right now and it works.

I was going to make a new post about this but maybe you can help me. I have this problem with my .desktop shortcuts on deepin. they seem to dissapear from the app launcher every time i reboot the computer. This is only an issue with the shortcuts i've created myself, not with applications installed from the deepin store or .deb files. Do you know what that's about? as an example, I wanted to make a shortcut for blender 2.80 so i duplicated the already existing blender shortcut and replaced the name, icon and exec location in the .desktop file. It works fine but disapears after reboot ): if i wan't it back i just have to edit the .desktop file and save it again

I am still on a learning curve with Deepin myself. Also I know a bit about .desktop files but have not practised much.

One of our Members Jas @JasKinasis is a Wizard with Debian although he uses mostly Debian Sid - Testing I believe. He might be of some help.

But I would start that as a new Thread eg "Deepin (Based on Debian) - Getting .desktop files to Stick" to draw the Readers.

While you have your Wacom working, you could do yourself a favour and go to Deepin's Terminal and install a couple of packages.

inxi - is a command that can show you many of your rig's specs and be used for asking for help.

xinput - will reveal the status of your peripheral devices and you can enable/disable with them.

They don't ship with Deepin by default, which is unusual, but you can install them with

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install inxi xinput

Cheers

Wizard

I am still on a learning curve with Deepin myself. Also I know a bit about .desktop files but have not practised much.

One of our Members Jas @JasKinasis is a Wizard with Debian although he uses mostly Debian Sid - Testing I believe. He might be of some help.

But I would start that as a new Thread eg "Deepin (Based on Debian) - Getting .desktop files to Stick" to draw the Readers.

While you have your Wacom working, you could do yourself a favour and go to Deepin's Terminal and install a couple of packages.

inxi - is a command that can show you many of your rig's specs and be used for asking for help.

xinput - will reveal the status of your peripheral devices and you can enable/disable with them.

They don't ship with Deepin by default, which is unusual, but you can install them with

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install inxi xinput

Cheers

Wizard

thanks, i'll probably end up stealing that title, hope you don't mind.

so xinput prints the following:

Code:
⎡ Virtual core pointer                       id=2   [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                 id=4   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard    id=12   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Wacom Intuos S 2 Pen stylus                 id=9   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Wacom Intuos S 2 Pad pad                   id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Corsair Corsair M45 Gaming Mouse           id=18   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3   [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                               id=6   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                               id=7   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Eee PC WMI hotkeys                         id=15   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard    id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard    id=16   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Creative Technology Ltd Sound Blaster E1   id=8   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Corsair Corsair M45 Gaming Mouse           id=17   [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Corsair Corsair M45 Gaming Mouse           id=13   [slave  keyboard (3)]
∼ Corsair Corsair M45 Gaming Mouse           id=14   [floating slave]

so there is alot of "corsair corsair m45 gaming mouse". even under keyboard, i don't know if that's weird. I think i used the float command on one of them, that's why the last one says floating slave. no idea what that means or does though. i tried using xinput test on all of them and I get no output.

inxi:
CPU: Quad Core Intel Core i7-4790 (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 3592/800/4000 MHz
Kernel: 4.15.0-29deepin-generic x86_64 Up: 1h 47m Mem: 4612.7/11951.9 MiB (38.6%)
HDD: 1.03 TiB (6.0% used) Procs: 232 Shell: bash 4.4.19 inxi: 3.0.09

Members online

Latest posts