Help me find a small project to maintain

pravenj

Reaction score
Credits
Recently I have stopped programming for survival and moved to fruit farming. I realize that I have time and would love to stay connected to programming. Hence I would like to try and maintain a "SMALL" tool that is potentially required for linux, but currently with no maintainers. I would like to just do it on my own. So something that is being neglected, but needs attention. Or something so small that nobody really wants to work on, is what I am looking for.
Please suggest if you know of any such tools that I can care for.

Hello @pravenj,
Welcome to Linux.org Forums,
Best thing to do is look at a Distro's web pages and forums and just give your expertise and just ask what you can do.
Most distros are looking for help. A couple come to mind. That may be a good fit for you. For most of them you will need access to their Developers portal. What ever they are using. I used to do some packaging for a small Linux distro. But haven't in years. So am sort of out of the loop. But just look around and ask you'll find plenty to do. Some of the bigger Distros may be a bit harder to get into as the are already quite well developed. But there are plenty of mid to smaller sized ones that may need and want help.
This page though basic may be a good place to start.

G'day @pravenj and welcome to linux.org :)

What country, may I ask?

I am thinking you might get in touch with a LUG (Linux User Group) that is within, relatively speaking, your reach, and they may have some ideas, not only on whom to approach, but also projects needing maintaining.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day @pravenj and welcome to linux.org :)

What country, may I ask?

I am thinking you might get in touch with a LUG (Linux User Group) that is within, relatively speaking, your reach, and they may have some ideas, not only on whom to approach, but also projects needing maintaining.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
I am from Nepal. Currently I am mostly at my farm. This is where my farm is -- Portion of my farm can be seen in the 16th second mark.
Internet access is not very reliable and location is pretty remote. So much collaboration is not very possible.
I am in contact with the Linux user group here, but nothing much to work on there.

Thank you for sharing, and good luck.

Wizard

Nepal is beautiful. I don't have time to get into it tonight, but it's lovely there.

Members online