HELP! ASAP It ain't booting and is stuck

Confused_nerd

Reaction score
Credits
So I followed the linux mint installation guide.
At the end it said to restart, so I did that then a screen came up that said "please remove installation media and press enter"
I did exactly that, but since it's been stuck showing this screen:
IMG_20210319_003748.jpg

When I press function keys like f12, it shows this:
IMG_20210319_003653.jpg

Like what's going on?? Help? Should I restart by plugging it off and on(I'm scared it'll mess up something...) It's been like that for about an hour
I did a complete mint installation (not dual boot). Although I have backed up my data, so no worries if it formats everything.

Last edited:

When things like that occur you have nothing to lose by restarting the computer and sometimes that's all that is necessary.

Besure to update yout new install and then reboot again and also don forget to enable the firewall which is found in the control panel.

When things like that occur you have nothing to lose by restarting the computer and sometimes that's all that is necessary.

Besure to update yout new install and then reboot again and also don forget to enable the firewall which is found in the control panel.
I'll be sure to that first thing in the morning, thanks for the tip

You should probably learn about REISUB as a preference to power-cycling manually. Always try that first.

Hold the ALT key and the SysReq key (usually also Print Screen) and then (while still holding those two keys) press R then E etc...

Basically, you can remember it by it being "BUSIER" backwards. So, press R E I S U B and it'll be an ugly shutdown, but a shutdown without harm or data loss.

ALWAYS try that first.

Members online