Hello

J

Jef_UK

Hello from the UK.
pseudo*-noob here. I know 'little' but when I broke my laptop last week knew to grep -A 20 the dkpg log for what I had installed (had a dependency that was a newer/non legacy nvidia driver) could help.

Mostly managed Windows servers Know a bit of Cisco too.

I've been using Linux a bit for a long time, had an Itanium with Linux 64bit when the P4 and K7 were 32Bit to get ram and used a Smoothwall before that, so 10 + years.
I've managed two mail/DNS (and web but not my scope) commercial servers with bind and postfix/dovecote for ~5000 domains. All over SSH and VIM.
At home I have a bacula server with ZFS, my laptop, a vm with OpenVAS/greenbone security assistant, a moded PFSence firewall and a home made SAN running ZFS providing LUNs over fibre-channel.

I'll be reading everything I can on SSH later. and look forward to learning more.

* as in quasi-

Sounds more to me like you could TEACH this class! :D

Welcome!

Welcome aboard, mate. Enjoy the journey, and remember to have fun along the way.:D

Pretty good mate, can't complain. Looking for work again as we have come back from being on the road.
Enjoying Linux as usual playing around with Knoppix at the moment.:)

Cool! I surprised my wife with an update. She was using a Pentium 4 661 with 4 gig of ram, and I got her a new motherboard with an AMD FX8370 (eight 4GHZ cores) and 16gb of ram. She is all gigley now!

Cool! I surprised my wife with an update. She was using a Pentium 4 661 with 4 gig of ram, and I got her a new motherboard with an AMD FX8370 (eight 4GHZ cores) and 16gb of ram. She is all gigley now!
I guess I let a pun in there, I hope everyone got it.

Darren, I was playing around with the DOS emulator to try an old dos program my wife likes (Quicken 6 for dos). I had to edit the autoexec.bat and config.sys files. Boy did that bring back some memories. Using the DOS command line again. DEJA VU!!! Any way, it runs like a champ in the dos emulator. Now, if I can only get the 7th Guest to run in it....

Paul

Yes Dos I had Wordperfect for dos and other programs like XFREE Gold and a lot of real good dos games like Commander Keen.:)

We ran WP 6.0 for dos on an old (new at that time) 386DX40 back in the dayo_O. The spell checker took forever until I doubled the RAM, then it just flew! Did many a college term paper on that system! Ah yes, those were the days my friend (we thought they'd never end)!:p
I posted a question about the DOS emulator, check it out

Paul