Hello

J

Jef_UK

Hello from the UK.
pseudo*-noob here. I know 'little' but when I broke my laptop last week knew to grep -A 20 the dkpg log for what I had installed (had a dependency that was a newer/non legacy nvidia driver) could help.

Mostly managed Windows servers Know a bit of Cisco too.

I've been using Linux a bit for a long time, had an Itanium with Linux 64bit when the P4 and K7 were 32Bit to get ram and used a Smoothwall before that, so 10 + years.
I've managed two mail/DNS (and web but not my scope) commercial servers with bind and postfix/dovecote for ~5000 domains. All over SSH and VIM.
At home I have a bacula server with ZFS, my laptop, a vm with OpenVAS/greenbone security assistant, a moded PFSence firewall and a home made SAN running ZFS providing LUNs over fibre-channel.

I'll be reading everything I can on SSH later. and look forward to learning more.

* as in quasi-

A

atanere

Sounds more to me like you could TEACH this class! :D

Welcome!

V

VP9KS

Welcome aboard, mate. Enjoy the journey, and remember to have fun along the way.:D

D

Darren Hale

Pretty good mate, can't complain. Looking for work again as we have come back from being on the road.
Enjoying Linux as usual playing around with Knoppix at the moment.:)

V

VP9KS

Cool! I surprised my wife with an update. She was using a Pentium 4 661 with 4 gig of ram, and I got her a new motherboard with an AMD FX8370 (eight 4GHZ cores) and 16gb of ram. She is all gigley now!

V

VP9KS

Cool! I surprised my wife with an update. She was using a Pentium 4 661 with 4 gig of ram, and I got her a new motherboard with an AMD FX8370 (eight 4GHZ cores) and 16gb of ram. She is all gigley now!
I guess I let a pun in there, I hope everyone got it.

V

VP9KS

Darren, I was playing around with the DOS emulator to try an old dos program my wife likes (Quicken 6 for dos). I had to edit the autoexec.bat and config.sys files. Boy did that bring back some memories. Using the DOS command line again. DEJA VU!!! Any way, it runs like a champ in the dos emulator. Now, if I can only get the 7th Guest to run in it....

Paul

D

Darren Hale

Yes Dos I had Wordperfect for dos and other programs like XFREE Gold and a lot of real good dos games like Commander Keen.:)

V

VP9KS

We ran WP 6.0 for dos on an old (new at that time) 386DX40 back in the dayo_O. The spell checker took forever until I doubled the RAM, then it just flew! Did many a college term paper on that system! Ah yes, those were the days my friend (we thought they'd never end)!:p
I posted a question about the DOS emulator, check it out

Paul

Members online

Latest posts