Hello

L

Linux Lewis

Decided to join up here with the hopes that i could find some advice on how to get a few distros installed on this toshiba Satellite trashtop I intend to use for practice.

Hi and Welcome to these forums. I would head over to distrowatch and download distros which have Live ISO's for you to try out and see how they go on your machine.

Hi and Welcome to these forums. I would head over to distrowatch and download distros which have Live ISO's for you to try out and see how they go on your machine.

Yeah, I tried about 4 different distros and it just wouldn't take. I guess Toshibas are Windows biased. I did discover Pendrive and that worked like a champ. Got Fedora 21 on this but, need to do something with the mirrors in some conf file to get connectivity. Eventually I will get it right.

Lewis , welcome. I don't know how much you know about Linux, so I will ask the burning question. Are you writing the distros to the cd as an ISO image, or just copying them over to the cd? It makes a world of difference, because it won't work if you just copy it to the cd. (Never mind how I found that out.:oops::oops:o_O:rolleyes:.)
Paul

Members online

Latest posts