Hello

L

Linux Lewis

Decided to join up here with the hopes that i could find some advice on how to get a few distros installed on this toshiba Satellite trashtop I intend to use for practice.

D

Darren Hale

Hi and Welcome to these forums. I would head over to distrowatch and download distros which have Live ISO's for you to try out and see how they go on your machine.

L

Linux Lewis

Hi and Welcome to these forums. I would head over to distrowatch and download distros which have Live ISO's for you to try out and see how they go on your machine.
Yeah, I tried about 4 different distros and it just wouldn't take. I guess Toshibas are Windows biased. I did discover Pendrive and that worked like a champ. Got Fedora 21 on this but, need to do something with the mirrors in some conf file to get connectivity. Eventually I will get it right.

V

VP9KS

Lewis , welcome. I don't know how much you know about Linux, so I will ask the burning question. Are you writing the distros to the cd as an ISO image, or just copying them over to the cd? It makes a world of difference, because it won't work if you just copy it to the cd. (Never mind how I found that out.:oops::oops:o_O:rolleyes:.)
Paul

Members online

No members online now.