Hello world!

J

jschuhr

Greetings everyone; I'm a returning user to the Linux community. I was deep into it back in the 90's but then switched jobs and got steamrolled into M$ land. Today, my job is still all M$ but several months ago, I stumbled onto Node.js and starting doing some development at home for personal enjoyment. It wasn't long before I really wanted/needed a Linux environment to continue with many of the other various technologies that I started discovering. So, I began researching the current selection of distros. Holy crap, I had no idea of the explosion of branches and the level of polish that had been achieved over the years. I've been going crazy, installing 37 flavors of distros on my various computers at home and in Virtualbox as well. I'm still experimenting on which one I want to use as my primary workstation but I'm liking Xubuntu at the moment. I hadn't realized it until recently, but I really missed you guys!

Hi there, I'm in the same spot. I need a distro for android development, and can't make up my mind. Have been researching and trying several distros as well. Does anybody knows which distro is best for this?

Hey, Welcome to LinuxForum.

It's nice to know that you had worked with Linux back in the 90's, Oh! i wish i had a chance to do so, but yeah i was introduced to Microsoft and didn't have any idea about Linux. I'm a crazy fan of Linux and i'd also love to setup my own Virtualbox.

Hope you have a great time over here.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be seeing you guys around on the various threads :)

Anytime! :p, I usually love introducing different people. I get to know more about them very soon based on their introductions.

Will be seeing you on over there too!

Welcome back to Linux! I too worked for years with Microsoft Windows. I came to know about Linux just a few years back.

Hi Sam300! WB! Im newbie here and to linux itself and was just wondering what you would suggest for a noob. Mint or Ubuxtu? I know I spelled that wrong :p I get a lot of mixed reviews So I'm looking fro more opinions.

Members online