Hello World, from upstate NY

1of7

Reaction score
Credits
Hello to other gnumers, linuxers and slackers,
I don't forumize often, but noticed linux.org flushed accounts so a new id. I've used slackware gnu/linux for many years, but dabbled in other distros. I enjoy good, productive conversations.

Hello 1of7,

Welcome back.

Used have family in Rome NY although being their all gone haven't been back in many years although some good times there. :)

Hello 1of7,

Welcome back.

Used have family in Rome NY although being their all gone haven't been back in many years although some good times there. :)
I'm closer to Rochester, apple country. I have an old friend from the Utica area.
They've gotten their share of snow and cold this year! Good time to be tinkering with the OS.

G'day @1of7 and welcome to linux.org :).

I am from DownUnder (Australia) half a world away from upstate New York.

Enjoy your time with us, and I see you are already contributing.

Goodonyer and

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day @1of7 and welcome to linux.org :).

I am from DownUnder (Australia) half a world away from upstate New York.

Enjoy your time with us, and I see you are already contributing.

Goodonyer and

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
I wish the same for you!

Alright! At last, another Slackware user! Welcome to the group, mate.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Alright! At last, another Slackware user! Welcome to the group, mate.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Thanks!
I've recently retired and am looking to return to many of the things that had to be put aside over the years. Although SW was the OS of choice, it was more out of necessity than pure fun. Now for the fun. I also have tinkered with electronics, cars, and HAM radio (N2TXT). I have been looking for a good app that will provide RSS news via a CW so I can listen to it in the background.

Hi there!

I think I had an account here too, ages ago. Nevermind, I just registered, and I must say, I do love Linux, of all my heart.

I tried to keep track of all the accounts, but things got a bit out of hand. Used to have un/pw from bbs-es, listservers, and newsgroups but so many things have changed. Got to the point that it seemed as if every line of communication turned into a flame of some kind so I just stopped posting and got busy with other stuff. I like to help, and find help, it's kind of like warm water on the brain for me... :)

I tried to keep track of all the accounts, but things got a bit out of hand. Used to have un/pw from bbs-es, listservers, and newsgroups but so many things have changed. Got to the point that it seemed as if every line of communication turned into a flame of some kind so I just stopped posting and got busy with other stuff. I like to help, and find help, it's kind of like warm water on the brain for me... :)
You found your way back home!!

She brings out the 14 year old...

I am SOOO not going there, on a family forum (she is 51 now, Peer), I was only 37 when I first saw Jeri Ryan. :oops::rolleyes::cool:

Wiz

Thanks!
I've recently retired and am looking to return to many of the things that had to be put aside over the years. Although SW was the OS of choice, it was more out of necessity than pure fun. Now for the fun. I also have tinkered with electronics, cars, and HAM radio (N2TXT). I have been looking for a good app that will provide RSS news via a CW so I can listen to it in the background.
sounds good to me...say about 60wpm? Love my straight key:eek:

I am SOOO not going there, on a family forum (she is 51 now, Peer), I was only 37 when I first saw Jeri Ryan. :oops::rolleyes::cool:

Wiz
Right off the cover of Fantastic Adventures!
Tell you the truth what kids have been wearing out in public nowadays is a bit beyond even my comfort zone. Maybe I'll dress like that and give'em some 'perspective'. That oughta clear the streets :0.

Last edited:
After moving south from Indiana, where computer users were intelligent and interesting, we have moved to west Florida, where education has a hard time surviving. Weather is, hurricanes aside, wonderful, if humid. Glad to be among the group!

Members online