Hello! Try to install Linux(Manjaro) to my win10 rig and have problems with HDDs/SSD (SATA) detection by OS(Manjaro/Mint).

Red007Master

Reaction score
Credits
So i try to install Linux Manjaro/Mint on my w10 rig (i have 2hdd and 1sdd for OS (currently win10 ripped to bones LTSC(i don't thing this information have any value BUT i don't know what information have value in my case))).
I follow this "guide" (and shrink 100gb of HDD) all go very good, i create boot-usb, load Manjaro from it(i'm writing this post from Manjaro), and here come problem i try to install it and "this" error massage popup (why it happens (as i believe)).
I try to install old and new versions of BIOS, try to play with UEFI/Legacy, fastboot, safeboot, (and myriad other SATA/drives/boot related settings).

Q/A

Q:My motherboard?
A:"GA-F2A68HM-DS2 (rev. 1.1)" (AMD) (it pretty old).

Q:Output of fdisk?
A:fdisk.

Q:Output of dmesg?
A:dmesg.

Q:Raid?
A:No.

Q:Bios?
A:I try update and downgrade it. Here some photos of it (i try to change MANY settings so photos outdated).

Q:Chipset?
A:"A68H".

Q: Distros?
A:"Manjaro KDE", "Manjaro xfce Minimal", "Mint Cinnamon".

Thank for any help! (I thing it my last chance to fix it, after gonna drop that and stick to Windows (at least before i decide to upgrade my rig))

Last edited:

In your BIOS, do you have something about AHCI or perhaps Intel RST? It may be under RAID type of settings, even though you have no RAID.

Whichever one it is on, switch it to the other.

In your BIOS, do you have something about AHCI or perhaps Intel RST? It may be under RAID type of settings, even though you have no RAID.

Whichever one it is on, switch it to the other.
I have option "OnChip SATA type" > "Native IDE/Raid/AHCI" i try "Native IDE" and "AHCI".

I can never remember which one it is, but try all three options. It's often one of those that stops Linux from seeing your hard drives.

I assume all of the drives are seen in BIOS, of course?

I can never remember which one it is, but try all three options. It's often one of those that stops Linux from seeing your hard drives.

I assume all of the drives are seen in BIOS, of course?
Already tried all of three multiple times on 2 versions of BIOS.
And yes, all drives detected by BIOS.

Hmm... Well, I am out of ideas. If it's not that, I don't know why your drives wouldn't be recognized per this image.

Hmm... Well, I am out of ideas. If it's not that, I don't know why your drives wouldn't be recognized per this image.
I wasn't provide only "this image" i provide output of "fdisk", "dmesg" and some hardware info.
And yes, you know I CAN'T know what info i must provide because i CAN'T start using this OS, this is exactly the problem why i write this post, "because i can't fcking install fcking Linux", i spend literally hours trying to work it out.
You can not criticize the info that I have provided, but tell what info i must provide to YOU.....................

Ok. I don't gonna delete what i write before so, sorry, and thank you for trying to help me, i gonna continue using Windows, i spend to much time on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What? The reason I linked that image was so that others would know what to concentrate on to help you better.

Yeah, you need to take a break from the site and come back tomorrow.

Members online