Hello to all

cmcl

Reaction score
Credits
I've just been a member here. I'm fairly new to Linux ( been interested for about a year). I use Manjaro and Mint. I still don't know much about enormous Linux knowlodge but enjoy learning.

Welcome to the forums, Linux and its distributions can be a steep learning curve for the newbie, but it is also a learning curve that never stops, No matter how much experience you have, you will still be learning,
So, as I often say… kick off your shoes, grab a beer, sit back, and enjoy the ride

Bwiz

Hello @cmcl,
Welcome to the Linux.org Forum. Enjoy! :)

Welcome to Linux.org.

I'd say be patient and you'll learn as you go. There are books, videos, help sites, and things like that. However, you can just learn as you go. When you need to do something and you don't know how, you can try for yourself or you can use a search engine and learn things as you need to learn them.

I've done a bit of both, with a number of Linux books in my collection. I find the stuff I learned as I needed it to be better understood than the theoretical stuff I've picked up in books. I also can't stand video content. No, I will not click on your video.

Anyhow, we're a pretty relaxed bunch here - with hundreds of years (combined, with just the regulars) of Linux experience. If you're patient, someone here can almost always get you squared away.

Welcome to Linux.org.

I'd say be patient and you'll learn as you go. There are books, videos, help sites, and things like that. However, you can just learn as you go. When you need to do something and you don't know how, you can try for yourself or you can use a search engine and learn things as you need to learn them.

I've done a bit of both, with a number of Linux books in my collection. I find the stuff I learned as I needed it to be better understood than the theoretical stuff I've picked up in books. I also can't stand video content. No, I will not click on your video.

Anyhow, we're a pretty relaxed bunch here - with hundreds of years (combined, with just the regulars) of Linux experience. If you're patient, someone here can almost always get you squared away.
Thanks. Learning from experience is way more fun as you wote.

Members online

Latest posts