Hello guys, can u help me?

Cata

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, i just bought a laptop Acer Nitro 5 with linpus Linux preinstalled. I try to change settings from bios, at boot menu, from Uefi to legacy, but legacy wasn't here, and ar boot priority is just Linux. What i can do? I want to install a operation system with USB, but i can't.

Hi @Cata, and welcome! What other Linux did you try to boot with? Many are now able to use UEFI and you should not need to switch to Legacy mode. Try Linux Mint, Ubuntu, or Fedora, to see if these will boot the computer on USB.

Reactions: Rob
Hi @Cata, and welcome! What other Linux did you try to boot with? Many are now able to use UEFI and you should not need to switch to Legacy mode. Try Linux Mint, Ubuntu, or Fedora, to see if these will boot the computer on USB.
What option i need to choose from lite version? Linpus Linux or Create a Bootable USB Disk? If i select Bootable disk, appear a command line who Say "Abort to create a live USB disk."

Linpus seems to be a "dormant" distro, according to DistroWatch. Even the English language version of the Linpus Website has not been updated in about 3 years. Few people here, if anyone, is going to have any experience with that system.

So, that means you are going to have to try different things to see what works for you. My first suggestion already was to try to boot on UEFI-ready Linux distros, such as Linux Mint or Ubuntu. They may install easily, but they may not.

If you think you have to put the BIOS into Legacy mode, some systems need you to create a BIOS password first before they will allow you to make that change. But that may or may not be true for your computer. Some Linux distros will require Legacy mode to install, but I would try the UEFI-ready ones first.

Sometimes, in rather rare cases, some systems are very hard-wired to run only what they were sold with.... and in the worst case, that could be true for you because it seems you bought something designed for a very limited market.

And maybe others here will have better advice for you than me.

Reactions: Rob
You shouldn't need to change the bios setting to legacy. You should be able to press a key during the boot process to bring up a boot menu. On my Dell, when the Dell logo comes up, at the bottom is a list of options, F2 for settings, F12 for boot menu. Look at yours, it's only up for a few seconds, so you have to read quick. Or you can just try the F12, I think that's the default for everyone, but I could be wrong. Whatever it is for you, once it comes up, you should be able to select USB device, CD (if you have one) or hard drive.

Linux Lite is possibly the best-known example of a Linux distro that has to be installed under Legacy Mode.

Once installed, and if you are dual or multi booting with another LInux Distro that installs under UEFI, you can then run LL under UEFI conditions as well.

Wizard

Members online