Hello from UK

Oroshi

Reaction score
Credits
My friend (f33dm3bits) had recommended me to join here.

I have been use on other forums and it had gone dead quiet.

Anyways, about myself, I am from UK, and proud to be Linux user. I have several experience on various operator system of windows (yuck). Mac (OK) and Linux (Love it).

I am not going to waffle about windows or mac, because it not in the topic lol.

I used Redhat years ago (before RHEL). Then switch to Fedora. I did tried out other Distro, didn't really like it, and always prefer Redhat family.

I used gentoo, but it taking too long to build, but it brilliant Distro.

I saw Arch Linux and thought I give a try and I find Arch Linux is so much better than other. My current OS is Arch Linux and Manjaro.

I like to learn new things, and keep my skills on top also able to share the support to other people.

At the moment, I currently working on my extension, I dont want you to think I wont be active. When it all done with my extension, then I will come here more often.

Hope to see you around.

Oroshi

G'day Oroshi, and Welcome to linux.org

Any friend of @f33dm3bits , is a friend of ours as well.

Welcome @Oroshi !! I'm glad you made it mate! :) As you can see Linux.org has a quite friendly community and plenty of active members. The Offtopic section also has some good topics, including Carnage's house of Chaos.

Thank you, I will come round and involve those community :) When I have spare time.

My friend (f33dm3bits) had recommended me to join here.

I have been use on other forums and it had gone dead quiet.

Anyways, about myself, I am from UK, and proud to be Linux user. I have several experience on various operator system of windows (yuck). Mac (OK) and Linux (Love it).

I am not going to waffle about windows or mac, because it not in the topic lol.

I used Redhat years ago (before RHEL). Then switch to Fedora. I did tried out other Distro, didn't really like it, and always prefer Redhat family.

I used gentoo, but it taking too long to build, but it brilliant Distro.

I saw Arch Linux and thought I give a try and I find Arch Linux is so much better than other. My current OS is Arch Linux and Manjaro.

I like to learn new things, and keep my skills on top also able to share the support to other people.

At the moment, I currently working on my extension, I dont want you to think I wont be active. When it all done with my extension, then I will come here more often.

Hope to see you around.

Oroshi
Welcome to the community.
I'm another UK resident, but from the deepest, darkest south-west!

this one ? I was born a stones throw from this blue bridge; that had a railway over it running Shildon to Port Clarance

Attachments

• stockton.jpg
    stockton.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 353
  • blue_bridge.jpg
    blue_bridge.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
My wife and I watch The Yorkshire Vet, and her parents came from Bradford and Hull - does that qualify? (I know it is not as far north).

:) As my fellow Aussie Brian @Condobloke has said, any friend of @f33dm3bits ...

Good luck with the extension.

Chris

I know Yorkshire vet! That approx an hour away from drive. I know Bradford near Leeds also hull. Those are about 1 half to 2 hours drive.

My uncle and cousins live in Aussie in Melbourne.

The outside of extension had completed, just the inside to do few more of Dot n dab. Then install new bathroom and plumber work... Hopefully all completed by end of November. Before Christmas as we want to spend time with my 4 kids lol.

My uncle and cousins live in Aussie in Melbourne.

We'll make an honourary Aussie out of you.

My family came from Melbourne in the 1950s. Love Melbourne, now if they'd just move it to Queensland for a better climate.

Melbourne are taking a caning/flogging with COVID at the moment, other than that Oz is doing well.

Hope you are safe where you are.

Friday night here in Oz, so

Avagudweegend

Wiz

I am from north east England, Stockton. It Friday morning here. And yes TGIF. Roll on relaxing weekend for you.

I think I am having Sunday off from working extension. One of my cousin lived in Sidney then moved back in Melbourn. I have not been to OZ yet lol.

I know it awful time of the year with covid-19. In UK we are facing a second peak.

Enjoy the weekend.

Members online