Hello from the Bartman

• Thread starter Deleted member 137406
  • Start date

I can still bust brush with the best of them. ;)
Just hurt more afterwards now. :p :D

I can still bust brush with the best of them.

While my body is broken, I'm still pretty fit. After the wreck, I had to do PT. Between sets, I started working on the rest of my body. PT no longer offers me much, and I'm as improved as I'm gonna get, but I do still workout daily.

With that said, I don't even maintain my own cars. Busting brush isn't something I'm gonna do - but I will make said brush piles 'cause I do enjoy my chainsaws. I don't even mow my own lawn - and I have a big ol' tractor.

I do clear my own snow. I've got a big ol' plow truck with a sander in the back. The rest of it gets done with a snowblower. I do those things 'cause I enjoy them. For a while, I was unable to do those things. Fortunately, that year was not an eventful winter. I didn't miss out on much!

Crikey this is starting to sound like a morning tea party for old farts. :)

We need to bring @charlie.corder in on this to make us feel young again.

Wiz

Crikey this is starting to sound like a morning tea party for old farts. :)

We need to bring @charlie.corder in on this to make us feel young again.

Wiz
@wizardfromoz @Bartman @KGIII @Brickwizard
I heard someone call for an old age opinion! LOL.
I turned 87 last November.
My boys have been after me for several years to give up the snow-blowing. I finally did in 2020-21 winter when my snow blower gave out after 15 years.
They are now after me to give up my lawn mowing. Our lot size is about 3/4 of an acre. But, my riding mower is only 3 years old and running good, so I will continue mowing this year.
I used to work on all my machinery myself. Those days are history. I even gave up changing my oil.
However, when it comes to golf ..... the boys can push all they want but as long as I can swing a club, I will be looking for that 5th hole-in-one.
In the meantime, I have been busy with the mental side of my life; studying C Programming, Bash Scripting, UNIX history, Biblical topics, among other pursuits.
When I am not golfing, I take the wife to the mall so she can get her 4-5 miles a day of walking. I take my lappie along so I can do some studying. Oh, FYI, she turns 87 in about 3 weeks.
We are both in very good health at the present time, for which we are both thankful.
That's all folks!!!
OG TC

The Wife and I enjoy riding our bicycles around the neighborhood.

Some days we throw them in the truck and go to the lake and ride around the lake.

Some days we ride our bicycles to the bar and have lunch and a couple of drinks makes for a good ride.

The malls are always full of people not wearing masks and with Covid around shots or not to crowed in our opinion.

When I am not golfing,

I suck at golf, but I'll happily play all the way to the 19th hole.

The malls are always full of people not wearing masks and with Covid around shots or not to crowed in our opinion.

I have noticed some people look at us like we're aliens when we mask up before going into any area where we will be in close proximity. I'm shot twice and boostered. I even get my flu shot every year. That's not 100% effective, so there's still a risk - a risk mitigated by continuing to wear a mask, socially distance, and keeping your booger pickers clean.

I have noticed some people look at us like we're aliens when we mask up before going into any area where we will be in close proximity. I'm shot twice and boostered. I even get my flu shot every year. That's not 100% effective, so there's still a risk - a risk mitigated by continuing to wear a mask, socially distance, and keeping your booger pickers clean.
If people don't want to wear a mask then cool those will be places we go to when crowds are low or we just won't go there.

We don't care what anyone else thinks or say we're getting our yearly shots for the flu and whatever else we need to get.

I kinda care. Not so much for my own sake, but for people like those who are immunocompromized and stuff like that. Wearing a mask doesn't just protect you - it protects other people. And, reality is that those people have to go out shopping, have to go to work, have to have leisure, etc... When you don't wear a mask, you're not just risking your own safety.

That said, there are folks who go overboard with this and think everyone should wear a mask everywhere outside. No, I will not be wearing my mask when I'm on the opposite end of a parking lot and there's nobody around me. I'll flip it up when I'll be around people, thanks.

After 2 years of wearing one everywhere, now restrictions have been lifted I still use mine in shops and enclosed areas, It felt strange the other day, when I went to the pub [and had forgotten my mask] I went in to order my pint of Concrete Cow and took it outside as usual, not too worried as I was the only customer at the time

@KGIII
@Brickwizard

Exactly we wear ours inside of public places unless we're the only ones around and then if there's and outdoor patio we're there.

We plan our outings in the mornings or middle of the day when most people are at work and there's not a lot of people around.

Just in case you're wondering what the hell I am drinking.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-03-17 19-01-16.png
    Screenshot from 2022-03-17 19-01-16.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 214
Oh I doubt if they export to the colonies it's only a microbrewery [but we have lots of them within 30 miles]

It's a reason to go to the neighborhood bar ;) and since we're there crack open a few bottles of this and that. :)

Welcome aboard Bartman - with regards to your wife if she wants to make the change she will come around I'm sure.
There are ways to get Win11 to work on older hardware - I believe T.O.S. (Total OS Today) had a vid on it. Could dual boot of course.

@darry1966 Thanks for the welcome.

I know few people who installed Windows 11 on their unsupported
computers but they don't care for Windows 11 and didn't say why.

I check into it and see what I find there's still plenty of time to figure something out.

When Windows 10 came out she just went out and bought a new computer and never said a word to me about it until I asked. o_O

My god, what a bunch of whiney, lily-livered, husbands! Your wife won't switch to Linux!?!?!
Pull on your big boy pants, like I did. I strolled into her office and in my most masculine voice I bellowed out "um, dear, honey bun? maybe, um you'd like to try Linux? please? I'll be your best friend. "
Guys, that's how to take control.
She is now a happy user of Lubuntu. The trick was to show her how she can replace every program in windows with an equivalent in Linux. Treeline replaced Infoselect. LibreOffice is better than Microsoft. Gwenview replaced her FastStone Image Viewer. Etc.
And of course, you have to be holding her hand for a while.
As for longevity, we have been married for 48+ years.
You just have to know how to be the "boss"....You can thank me later. :)
A

KGIII, I couldn't agree with you more; wearing a mask is not just about personal risk. My mother, born in Derry N. Ireland, told us stories about the bombings of Great Britain in WWII. The blackouts were city-wide to not make them easy targets. Imagine, someone saying at the time "I think it is a personal choice; I prefer to leave my lights on" !
And hats off to Mr Corder for continuing to educate himself at 87! Bravo, sir!

Members online

Latest posts