Hello from SW England

a2tmk

Reaction score
Credits
I've been using Linux for just over 2 years after decades of using MS. I started with Mint Cinnamon but quickly found that I prefer Xfce so am currently using Mint Xfce 20.3... although I'm inquisitive and am always looking at other distro's using Ventoy.

Looking forward to having a good nose around here and learning more.

Cheers, DM.

Hello @dm999,
Welcome to Linux.org Forums.
Enjoy your Linux Journey and will see you around the forum. Mint is a good distro to learn with and I've used xfce for years also.

Welcome to Linux.org.

Most of the active members are kinda old (like me) or straight up old (like oh so many people who are older than me!) :)

We're a pretty solid bunch.

Welcome to the forums [from East Anglia]
how far west?

I've been using Linux for just over 2 years after decades of using MS. I started with Mint Cinnamon but quickly found that I prefer Xfce so am currently using Mint Xfce 20.3... although I'm inquisitive and am always looking at other distro's using Ventoy.

Looking forward to having a good nose around here and learning more.

Cheers, DM.
Welcome to the community. I’m based in the south-west too!

Sounds like a Cornish accent (I've been to Newquay)

G'day from DownUnder, @dm999 and welcome to linux.org ;)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Thanks for all the warm welcomes :cool:

@kc1di
Yeah, Mint Xfce is a good distro to start with. I like to keep my options open because if Mint ever drop Ubuntu I've a feeling they'll only produce Debian based Cinnamon.

@KGIII
I'm 57, is that old or young for here? :D

@brickwizard
Minehead in Somerset, although we're planning on moving back to our home city of Bristol this year.

@JasKinasis
Whereabouts are you in the SW?

@wizardfromoz
Nope, definitely a Bristolian accent :)
Did you go to Newquay for the surf?
My wife has relatives in Penguin, Tasmania btw.

Cheers, DM

I'm 57, is that old or young for here?
young to middling
Minehead in Somerset,
coastal, nice. We had friends from Brissel, [but they are no longer with us] we were hoping to move to the Forest of Dean, but now we are getting too old to move.

I'm 64. In 1988, I was HQ'ed in Reading, had to visit a friend I'd made at Newquay, so took the rental motor for a drive.

Missed the correct turnoff on the Bristol ring road and ended up in Wales. Got to Newquay a little late.

Hilarious.

So you could say I've been to Bristol.

Members online

Latest posts