Hello from Cluckis!

C

cluckis

Hi everyone! I'm new here at the Linux Forum! So Hello!

The only version of Linux I really have experience with is Ubuntu, sorry. But I'm still here to learn and maybe help people if I know the subjects.

Thanks! :D

Welcome aboard, Cluckis! Vast knowledge of Linux is not a requirement here - well, not that I know of. :D We are all here to share knowledge and learn at the same time. You will fit right in, I am sure.

Hey Cluckis, Welcome to Linux Forum :)

I'm a beginner too, and i'm learning a couple of stuff on a couple of distro's slowly. I'm sure you'll find this Forum as interesting and helpful as i do. Hope you have a nice time.

Hi Cluckis and welcome :) I'm new here to as well as new to the linux platform. Ive only been using Mint a week so I'm still getting used to it. How is Ubuntu? is it user friendly? as in noob friendly?

Ubuntu is very user friendly, I knew nothing about Linux, but Ubuntu was so user friendly that I got used to it right away. I would highly recommend it :)

Hmmm really? Well ill give it a try then! Personally I'm a mac user myself but I have a small dell I use for my work and Windows was terribly slow on it so i decided to give linux a try. Im kind of getting the hang of mint but if you say Ubuntu is better ill check it out! TY :)

My only real experience is with Ubuntu as well, don't be ashamed! I hope to see you around learning with the rest of us :)

...so as a noob I've apparently chosen the wrong system lol. Damn you BFF and telling me mint was the way to go! I guess thats what a noob gets for listening to another noob :p

Im exactly the same I use a Mac, but my old dell was being all slow, so I decided to put Ubuntu on it. I think it was the right decision seeing as it runs 100% faster!

Greetings, cluckis. Hello, Melissa.

Lubunu and peppermint share a developer and both (or either) provide better performce than full-blown ubuntu on older or limited-resoure hardware, if it's what YLF and just FYI.

Welcome!

Hi Cluckis and welcome :) I'm new here to as well as new to the linux platform. Ive only been using Mint a week so I'm still getting used to it. How is Ubuntu? is it user friendly? as in noob friendly?
I started with Ubuntu myself and ran into a problem trying to upgrade Firefox (which was my main reason for being online) and when I learned that Mint was a spin-off from Ubuntu with the upgraded Firefox included, I switched, Now I am using PCLOS and Firefox 13 and have been happy.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts