Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Hello from Cluckis!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cluckis, May 6, 2012.

1. cluckis

cluckis Guest

Hi everyone! I'm new here at the Linux Forum! So Hello!

The only version of Linux I really have experience with is Ubuntu, sorry. But I'm still here to learn and maybe help people if I know the subjects.

Thanks! :D

2. Welcome aboard, Cluckis! Vast knowledge of Linux is not a requirement here - well, not that I know of. :D We are all here to share knowledge and learn at the same time. You will fit right in, I am sure.

3. DaReaper

DaReaper Guest

Hey Cluckis, Welcome to Linux Forum :)

I'm a beginner too, and i'm learning a couple of stuff on a couple of distro's slowly. I'm sure you'll find this Forum as interesting and helpful as i do. Hope you have a nice time.

4. Melissa

Melissa Guest

Hi Cluckis and welcome :) I'm new here to as well as new to the linux platform. Ive only been using Mint a week so I'm still getting used to it. How is Ubuntu? is it user friendly? as in noob friendly?

5. cluckis

cluckis Guest

Ubuntu is very user friendly, I knew nothing about Linux, but Ubuntu was so user friendly that I got used to it right away. I would highly recommend it :)

6. Melissa

Melissa Guest

Hmmm really? Well ill give it a try then! Personally I'm a mac user myself but I have a small dell I use for my work and Windows was terribly slow on it so i decided to give linux a try. Im kind of getting the hang of mint but if you say Ubuntu is better ill check it out! TY :)

7. JayGould

JayGould Guest

My only real experience is with Ubuntu as well, don't be ashamed! I hope to see you around learning with the rest of us :)

8. Melissa

Melissa Guest

...so as a noob I've apparently chosen the wrong system lol. Damn you BFF and telling me mint was the way to go! I guess thats what a noob gets for listening to another noob :p

9. cluckis

cluckis Guest

Im exactly the same I use a Mac, but my old dell was being all slow, so I decided to put Ubuntu on it. I think it was the right decision seeing as it runs 100% faster!

10. pane-free

pane-free Guest

Greetings, cluckis. Hello, Melissa.

Lubunu and peppermint share a developer and both (or either) provide better performce than full-blown ubuntu on older or limited-resoure hardware, if it's what YLF and just FYI.

Welcome!

11. warrenc

warrenc Guest

I started with Ubuntu myself and ran into a problem trying to upgrade Firefox (which was my main reason for being online) and when I learned that Mint was a spin-off from Ubuntu with the upgraded Firefox included, I switched, Now I am using PCLOS and Firefox 13 and have been happy.

12. Maq

Maq Guest

Hi and welcome to LF.