Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by DerrickDude, Mar 30, 2013.

1. DerrickDude

DerrickDude Guest

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been away from the other OS since the release of 95. I was an OS/2 user for many years before changing over to Linux when IBM dumped the OS/2 project. Been using various distro's of Linux for quite some time now but still not an expert. I started out with Corel Linux, tried Slackware and a few others then finally settled on Suse since version 9. I know enough about configuring it to either make it work great, or totally hose up the system...lol. I am more of a hardware tech than software and OS configuration. I have built more than my fair share of custom rigs.

Anyhow, I will help when I can. I hope to be giving answers more than asking for them. With that said, I am off to the Suse forums to post a problem. Thanks Y'all!

Derrick

2. mcneely.mike

mcneely.mike Guest

Man I LOVED Corel linux.... sooooo nice!

I'm the same as you: I know enough to be either a help or a disaster... google is my friend. :)

3. DerrickDude

DerrickDude Guest

Corel was sweet wasn't it Mike! My advice, don't drink beer when logged on as root. If you have to drink anything, drink "root beer"... :p

4. mcneely.mike

mcneely.mike Guest

That's what i like about 'sudo'... you have a limited time frame to 'f*ck' your machine, lol, cause vodka is my personal enemy! (Is there a root vodka?) :)