Hello Everyone!

Hary06

Reaction score
Credits
I am a new member, I joined the Linux.org community because I want to learn something new. I'm thinking of installing Linux alongside Windows 10 until I master the basics of the new OS, I know a little bit about the terminal and that part interests me the most. I hope for progress with the help of more experienced Linux users from the forum.

Welcome to the forums
I obviously don't know what experience you have, so far, I assume your computer Is more than a year old possibly up to say 5 yrs old , Installing Linux can be an easy experience if you choose one of the new user-friendly distributions and impossible with some others that are designed purely for the experienced Linux user who is fully competent using the terminal.
We recommend you run a few distributions "live" to see which you like the look and feel of, before installing.
Basic installation instructions can be found here https://linux-tips.us/how-do-i-install-linux-a-general-guide
Be aware some Wi-Fi and graphics cards may need a little work to install the correct drivers,
you will need to go through a learning curve, but It's not too steep.
So again welcome, pull up a chair grab a drink and enjoy the ride

Bwiz

G'day Hary, Welcome to Linux.org

I am a new member, I joined the Linux.org community because I want to learn something new. I'm thinking of installing Linux alongside Windows 10 until I master the basics of the new OS, I know a little bit about the terminal and that part interests me the most. I hope for progress with the help of more experienced Linux users from the forum.

Sometime in the summer of last year, I joined Linux.org for the same reason, I wanted to learn Linux.. It is now my main operating system of choice! I do run Windows 11 alongside EndeavourOS, but only for playing games that dont work in Linux.

Welcome to the Forums! Great place to be and learn a lot in the process.

You can also use VirtualBox (among other options) and run Linux from within Windows, booting it as its own virtual operating system (VM/virtual machine). You can do this without risking your Windows install.

You can also use most of the popular Linux distros live - meaning you reboot and then boot to the USB to which you wrote the Linux .iso.

We look forward to sharing in your Linux journeys @Hary06 :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hello @Hary06,
Welcome to the Linux.org Forums. You'll find a lot of good people here to help you learn. Enjoy! :)

Members online