Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Get $5 off your first Lyft ride while helping us pay for hosting Linux.org! --> $5 Lyft
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, Everyone!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CSmith88, Jun 26, 2017.

1. CSmith88

CSmith88 Silver Member
    Silver Supporter

First off, thank you to all the folks helping others especially here, linuxquestions, and stackoverflow

About me:
    I recently got an engineering degree, but I don't work with it. I decided to work in software because I had an opportunity to and I enjoyed an IT job I had at my University.
    I work for a small company that makes embedded communication devices (serial->IP), manages a couple customer databases, and provides tools over a web-interface for monitoring equipment health.
    I typically write in C with an occasional C++ class.
    I am not new to Linux, but I still have a lot to learn.
    I run a handful of distros on my personal machines and I use the command line daily, but TBH I still use Windows at work for my IDE, Office, and Outlook.

I hope to find most of the answers I seek without posting, but I will try to reply if (when) I know the solution.

If you know a KC-area linux guru, hardware engineer, or developer looking for full or part-time employment, please put us in touch.

My pride hasn't prevented me from asking questions, seeking help, or recognizing knowledge gaps.

VP9KS and atanere like this.
  2. atanere

atanere Moderator
    Gold Supporter

Hi @CSmith88, welcome aboard! I hope we'll be able to help you, if needed, and we welcome your knowledge and talents too!

Cheers!

CSmith88 likes this.
  3. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Well-Known Member

CSmith88, my comments between yours:

Enjoy Linux ... I do, every day.

Wizard

VP9KS likes this.
  4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey there - welcome to the forum!

Rob

5. VP9KS

VP9KS Active Member

"I am not new to Linux, but I still have a lot to learn."

Don't we all! :D Most of us here have had their fair share of beatings from computer hardware / Software. I learn best from a good beating, myselfo_O. Welcome aboard, and don't hesitate to ask questions, mate.

Paul