Hello everyone! Great to meet you all!

J

Jamsers

Hi! I'm Jamsers, and I'm a Linux enthusiast. I haven't been one for long though, I learned about Linux 3 years ago and I've been loving it ever since. But I still have a lot to learn. I'm hoping this forum will help me do just that. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, I didn't really like the new versions that much, but I've used them, so Ubuntu is gonna be my specialty. But I hope to discover more distros here, and with your help, I can expand my Linux knowledge.

So hello to you all, and I look forward to some great conversations with you! :-D

Welcome to the Linux Forum. Great to have another enthusiast like me.

3 Years is a long time. Why did you change? Was it in a tuff mood? It's a good thing you stayed on the 10.04. It's a LTS reason an i don't like the concept of Ubuntu upgrading all 6 Month. Soon the next LTS Version 12.04
will be released. Do you will upgrade then?

so far
akendo

Thanks Rob!

And Akendo, I might check 12.04 out, though I'm not as confident that it will be stable and good as I was with previous LTS releases like 10.04 and 9.04. They've just changed so much, which isn't really that much of a problem, but Unity is still quite young, and they haven't had that much time to hone it to LTS quality.

I switched from Windows to Linux when my dad made me try out Linux. He's an IT instructor, and he gave me an Ubuntu Live CD and told me "check this out, it's pretty cool." Never looked back ever since. Haha. I only boot into Windows now when I'm in the mood for some gaming.

Hello and welcome! this forum is filled with info so I'm sure you'll love it here!

Members online