Hello all

gvisoc

Reaction score
Credits
Hi there! I've been using GNU/Linux on and off since 1997 and I'm trying to sneak peek in the different communities to try to contribute back a bit, leaving my two cents where they would be helpful.

See you in the forums!

using GNU/Linux on and off since 1997

... handy bloke to know. :)

Only 9 years since started dabbling, 6 years straight full on, but run 60 - 80 Linux typically, over 4 Families.

Look forward to working with you, and welcome ;)

Friday here in Oz, so

Avagudweegend, all

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Thank you! I have to say that I have always been quite laid back and positioned myself more as a user than to hack into the system, but I’ll do my best.

I also discovered that Linux From Scratch book and I believe that it will the best skill refresher, so I’ll eventually get up to speed.

Hi there! I've been using GNU/Linux on and off since 1997 and I'm trying to sneak peek in the different communities to try to contribute back a bit, leaving my two cents where they would be helpful.

See you in the forums!
It is surprising (to me) the amount of knowledge one picks up over time.
We often do not realize it until trying to help a "newb" to Linux.
Sharing that knowledge in attempting to help another is very satisfying and fulfilling.
Welcome!
Please share your knowledge and experience :)

Thanks all!

Thanks @poorguy for the links --I'll have a look to the linux journey one just to check & refresh from a user perspective.

On the other side, I'm about to receive a bigger SSD for my desktop computer, and I'll use the existing one to put in an enclosure and experiment on it. One of the very first experiments will be to build a Linux From Scratch system using Debian as the host/build machine, so I can get as well a refreshment of what's inside. Not to obtain a long-term usable system, but to experiment and learn.

. . .
On the other side, I'm about to receive a bigger SSD for my desktop computer, and I'll use the existing one to put in an enclosure and experiment on it. One of the very first experiments will be to build a Linux From Scratch system using Debian as the host/build machine, so I can get as well a refreshment of what's inside. Not to obtain a long-term usable system, but to experiment and learn.
Miyo is another I found interesting enough to install. Recommended by some New Zealander lurking about somewhere! LOL

Welcome!